"Make available offline" not available

May 7, 2004 7:00:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi,

I have now been looking in newsgroups and googled quite a bit regarding this
and I can't find a solution...

I have enabled Offline folders on my laptop, but I still can't make a file
available offline. The option is not in the file menu, or in the right-click
menu.

It is part of a domain, and no there are no restrictions in the GPO. I have
access to all other offline folder settings and menus, but not the "Make
available offline".
And if I can't make any files available offline, there is nothing to
synchronize...

Anyone out there that can help me?

Thanks,

Martin

More about : make offline

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 7:00:35 PM

You have to go through explorer through entire network - do not use shortcuts and navigate directly to the file on the server and then right click on it and the option should be available then to make the file available offline
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 3:01:52 PM

Eh, no.
That has nothing to do with it.

"Vickik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You have to go through explorer through entire network - do not use
shortcuts and navigate directly to the file on the server and then right
click on it and the option should be available then to make the file
available offline
Related resources
May 10, 2004 3:46:01 PM

What version of Windows are you useing?If you are useing XP-Home,there is no option to set offline files.If you are useing Xp pro,In explorer window,click tools folder option-view,navigate down and uncheck simple file and folder shareing.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 2:40:32 PM

As the computer is part of a domain, it is Professional.

"zion" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What version of Windows are you useing?If you are useing XP-Home,there is
no option to set offline files.If you are useing Xp pro,In explorer
window,click tools folder option-view,navigate down and uncheck simple file
and folder shareing.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:49:11 PM

I'm not sure if it will help, but try this registry fix:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/offline.reg

For more info, see Kelly's Troubleshooting page at

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 7 May 2004 15:00:34 +0100, "Martin Welén" <martin@welen.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have now been looking in newsgroups and googled quite a bit regarding this
>and I can't find a solution...
>
>I have enabled Offline folders on my laptop, but I still can't make a file
>available offline. The option is not in the file menu, or in the right-click
>menu.
>
>It is part of a domain, and no there are no restrictions in the GPO. I have
>access to all other offline folder settings and menus, but not the "Make
>available offline".
>And if I can't make any files available offline, there is nothing to
>synchronize...
>
>Anyone out there that can help me?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Martin

July 14, 2011 9:21:21 PM

Hi,
I know this was posted 100 years ago, but just in case if someone else needs an answer to this...
All you need to do is to go the Tools \ Folder Options on the explorer menu and click on the Offline Files tab and put a check mark on the Enable Offline Files !!!!
Hope this helps,
Husniye

Quote:

!