Half Life 2: Survivor for ARCADES - by Valve and Taito

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.video.fps,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

http://www.planethalflife.com/images/screensnew/am_tai13.jpg
http://hl2survivor.net/images/game_image1l.jpg
http://hl2survivor.net/images/game_image3l.jpg
http://hl2survivor.net/images/game_image4l.jpg
http://hl2survivor.net/images/game_image2l.jpg

http://hl2survivor.net

yes I know the article is days old... but thought it might be of interest to
the HL2 community

http://pc.ign.com/articles/646/646078p1.html

Half-Life 2 Makes Arcade Debut
New game to headline upcoming arcade show.
by Anoop Gantayat
August 29, 2005 - Taito and Valve have at last restarted talk about the
arcade adaptation of Half-Life 2 that was first announced back in November
of last year. The arcade version of last year's PC hit has been given the
name Half-Life 2: Survivor and is expected to appear at the upcoming JAMMA
arcade show, set to kick off on Thursday in Japan.

Half-Life 2: Survivor will run on Taito's Type X hardware, a board that
makes use of PC components and runs Windows as its operating system. Until
now, the board has seen little more than overhead shooters with visuals that
fail to match the hefty specs announced by Taito. We expect Half Life 2 to
be the boards first real test.
At last year's announcement of the game, Taito promised a version of
Half-Life 2 featuring, in addition to a single player story mode, an Online
mode allowing for play between players located in arcades throughout Japan.
We hope to get specifics, and possibly hands-on time, later this week, so
check back here at IGNPC.

_____________________________

Taito's TypeX hardware is basicly a low spec PC that can be configured to
medium spec, and perhaps high spec.

[X-Post removed]

nam75 wrote:
> http://www.planethalflife.com/images/screensnew/am_tai13.jpg

d'ya think the guy on the left is deliberately trying to look like a
Japanese G-Man? the announcer doesn't resemble Alyx much though..

> Taito's TypeX hardware is basicly a low spec PC that can be configured to
> medium spec, and perhaps high spec.

Wonder what they class as low/medium/high spec.. HL2 doesn't really
need anything more than today's entry level home PC to run anyway.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench