hardware ?'s for new workstation

Pablo

Got a couple tech questions I'd love your input on. I've been
searching for a new workstation for quite some time and am just about
ready to pull the trigger.

I'm eyeballing a P4 3.2GHz workstation. What do you say about the
following:

1) is the 533mHz DDR2 RAM worth the $, or w/ a 800mHz FSB is the RAM
bottlenecked at 400mHz? In summary, is 1.5GB of 533mHz better/worse
than 2.0GB of 400mHz on an 800mHz FSB?

2) assuming a RAID 0 w/ 2x36GB SCSI 10k is the best I would get, how
much performance hit would I take with a RAID 0 2x74GB SATA 10k.
Guessing any hit is mainly due to the controller card -- 320MB/s vs.
150MB/s. Is this hit noticeable? ie-would this be a bottleneck or is
150MB/s plenty? How noticable is the difference on a 7.2k SATA RAID 0?
15k SCSI RAID 0?

3) nVidia FX 1300 a good card with Adobe Pro 1.5? what about with
Matrox rtx.100? heard about any compatibility issues?

4) Would the Matrox rtx.100 improve system performance or basically
just give me a capture card? Compatible?

Thanks for your input! :)

"Pablo" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> 2) assuming a RAID 0 w/ 2x36GB SCSI 10k is the best I would get, how
> much performance hit would I take with a RAID 0 2x74GB SATA 10k.
> Guessing any hit is mainly due to the controller card -- 320MB/s vs.
> 150MB/s. Is this hit noticeable? ie-would this be a bottleneck or is
> 150MB/s plenty? How noticable is the difference on a 7.2k SATA RAID 0?
> 15k SCSI RAID 0?

If you are doing DV the SCSI is overkill ...