Problems with Mac

I have a friend with a 4.4Gb file which is DVD compliant MPEG-2 video
and AC audio. This file is on a data DVD. He is trying to transfer this
file to the hard drive on his Mac G4 running OS 10.35. This was encoded
using Sonic by an outside source. The audio portion seems to transfer
fine, but the video doesn't want to transfer and I get an error code
from the Mac of -36. I'm trying to help him out, so any advice would
greatly be appreciated.

I have had tons of problems with the mac superdrives accepting DVD data from
other macs. If you have a superdrive (right) on your mac you may have the
same problem. I had to use another mac, with a DVD player and transfer the
data across our network. YOU may also ask for another DVD to be made, at 2x.