HD Sony HDR-FX1 for Adobe premiere 6.5

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Two questions: If I shoot a video with the new Sony High Definition cam,
could I edit it on my adobe premiere 6.5, anyone know, or do I have to use
Adobe Premiere Pro, 1.5 with a higher price....How about a JVC HD cam, is
this a true 16:9 format and can it be edited on 6.5

you should be able to edit either cameras with Premiere 6.5 with Cineform
Aspect HD.

Adobe has said that it will have a plug in for Premiere Pro 1.5 that will
allow for native editing.

the Cineform software is not cheap. It would probably be cheaper to upgrade
to Premiere Pro when the plug in becomes available. Sources claim
availability in Late 2004,, but I would expect it early in 2005.