Closed

Remote Desktop - no local printer

May 10, 2004 9:26:03 AM

I have a client who when connected to another computer using Remote Desktop cannot print to (or see for that matter) the local printer. The local drives show up fine but nadda on the printer. It is a Brother HL-1020 (parallel). I have looked into the info posted in Article: 302361, in case there was a manual work around, but no go.

Any ideas?

Is there a secret way to uninstall and re-install Remote Desktop from within XP Pro? I even tried re-installing the client jsut in case, but i get the "Already installed...." message.

I have been looking all over for the answer and can't seem to find it....

Thanks in advance,

Tony
May 10, 2004 11:09:18 AM

Old secret Tip: when printers do not work properly w/ Remote desktop is to
load the same drivers on the remote computer and the local computer for the
device. this usually willl work.

"Tony A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a client who when connected to another computer using Remote
Desktop cannot print to (or see for that matter) the local printer. The
local drives show up fine but nadda on the printer. It is a Brother HL-1020
(parallel). I have looked into the info posted in Article: 302361, in case
there was a manual work around, but no go.

> Any ideas?
>
> Is there a secret way to uninstall and re-install Remote Desktop from
within XP Pro? I even tried re-installing the client jsut in case, but i
get the "Already installed...." message.

> I have been looking all over for the answer and can't seem to find it....
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tony
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:52:15 PM

Nope... You can't re-install Remote Desktop other than running SFC
/scannow which will re-verify system files...

You did select printer redirection on the other end? Printing is
seperate from Drive redirection...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 10 May 2004 05:26:03 -0700, Tony A

>I have a client who when connected to another computer using Remote Desktop cannot print to (or see for that matter) the local printer. The local drives show up fine but nadda on the printer. It is a Brother HL-1020 (parallel). I have looked into the info posted in Article: 302361, in case there was a manual work around, but no go.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Is there a secret way to uninstall and re-install Remote Desktop from within XP Pro? I even tried re-installing the client jsut in case, but i get the "Already installed...." message.
>
>I have been looking all over for the answer and can't seem to find it....
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Tony
Related resources
November 8, 2008 10:35:08 PM

Make sure that you have the printer shared out on the local machine. Then set it up as a printer on the remote machine.
June 7, 2010 12:01:20 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
!