  • Desktops
  • PowerPoint
  • Windows XP
May 10, 2004 11:36:35 AM

We have a group of users that wish to remote in to a
computer that is running a powerpoint presentation
outputed to a Flat screen display for people walking by to
view. They wish to remote in and
start..stop...change...etc the powerpoint program running
but using remote desktop locks the remote pc and then u
have to go to that pc and unlock the desktop and resume
the presentation....
Any ideas on a workaround or another approach to
accomplish the task??
thanks in advance

More about : remote desktop locks desktop

Anonymous
May 10, 2004 2:40:34 PM

After you're done with the remote desktop session, try the following:
Start->Run, then type:
Tscon 0 /dest:console

The above will disconnect your remote desktop session, and 'push' it back to
physical console.
thanks
Soo Kuan

"Stumped" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a group of users that wish to remote in to a
> computer that is running a powerpoint presentation
> outputed to a Flat screen display for people walking by to
> view. They wish to remote in and
> start..stop...change...etc the powerpoint program running
> but using remote desktop locks the remote pc and then u
> have to go to that pc and unlock the desktop and resume
> the presentation....
> Any ideas on a workaround or another approach to
> accomplish the task??
> thanks in advance
April 18, 2012 7:48:08 PM

Worked like a charm! Thanks, saved me so much time.
!