remote desktop locks desktop

We have a group of users that wish to remote in to a
computer that is running a powerpoint presentation
outputed to a Flat screen display for people walking by to
view. They wish to remote in and
start..stop...change...etc the powerpoint program running
but using remote desktop locks the remote pc and then u
have to go to that pc and unlock the desktop and resume
the presentation....
Any ideas on a workaround or another approach to
accomplish the task??
thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop locks desktop

    After you're done with the remote desktop session, try the following:
    Start->Run, then type:
    Tscon 0 /dest:console

    The above will disconnect your remote desktop session, and 'push' it back to
    physical console.
    thanks
    Soo Kuan

    "Stumped" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a group of users that wish to remote in to a
    > computer that is running a powerpoint presentation
    > outputed to a Flat screen display for people walking by to
    > view. They wish to remote in and
    > start..stop...change...etc the powerpoint program running
    > but using remote desktop locks the remote pc and then u
    > have to go to that pc and unlock the desktop and resume
    > the presentation....
    > Any ideas on a workaround or another approach to
    > accomplish the task??
    > thanks in advance
  2. Worked like a charm! Thanks, saved me so much time.

Remote Desktop Desktops PowerPoint Windows XP