Other VCD-creation sw when TMPGEnc can't be used?

I have 2 files, one an AVI and another a SVCD-compliant, apparently,
mpg.

TMPGEnc can't open the AVI and brings up an error message, the MPG it
had troubles with since after 3 1/2 hours last night yielded a
re-encoded snippet worth 1% of the original.

What happens to files that TMPGEnc can't handle? Is there another
piece of software we can use to make files than Nero can then burn as
VCDs?

Thanks.

martin

"RSWilson" <SpamBeGone@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 files, one an AVI and another a SVCD-compliant, apparently,
> mpg.
>
> TMPGEnc can't open the AVI and brings up an error message, the MPG it
> had troubles with since after 3 1/2 hours last night yielded a
> re-encoded snippet worth 1% of the original.
>
> What happens to files that TMPGEnc can't handle? Is there another
> piece of software we can use to make files than Nero can then burn as
> VCDs?
>
> Thanks.

Open the AVI with Virtual Dub.
Save both the Audio and the Video streams (separately) using the Direct
Stream Copy options.
Now try to open the Audio and Video streams using TMPGEnc.
Works most of the time for me with corrupt AVI files.

As for your SVCD file - use TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools to do a similar process as
above.
Demux Audio and Video - save them as new separate streams on hard drive.
Then try to (re)encode them with TMPGEnc.

Martin.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:07:38 +0100, "Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote:

>"RSWilson" <SpamBeGone@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>> I have 2 files, one an AVI and another a SVCD-compliant, apparently,
>> mpg.
>>
>> TMPGEnc can't open the AVI and brings up an error message, the MPG it
>> had troubles with since after 3 1/2 hours last night yielded a
>> re-encoded snippet worth 1% of the original.
>>
>> What happens to files that TMPGEnc can't handle? Is there another
>> piece of software we can use to make files than Nero can then burn as
>> VCDs?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>Open the AVI with Virtual Dub.
>Save both the Audio and the Video streams (separately) using the Direct
>Stream Copy options.
>Now try to open the Audio and Video streams using TMPGEnc.
>Works most of the time for me with corrupt AVI files.
>
>As for your SVCD file - use TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools to do a similar process as
>above.
>Demux Audio and Video - save them as new separate streams on hard drive.
>Then try to (re)encode them with TMPGEnc.
>
>Martin.

Kewl! Thanks for this. After all the hours dl even with cable
internet, I was discouraged when TMPGEnc and Nero couldn't deal with
one of the files each. <g>

Will try this.

TRENDING THREADS