Closed

Sony Vegas and AVI import - Newbie Question

Hi,

I have some AVI files that were captured from my DV cam using InterVideo
WinDVD Creator. I am trying to use Vegas to edit and produce the MPEG's
for DVD authoring but for some reason when I import the AVI there is no
sound track. Does anyone know why this would be, am I missing something
"obvious" in Vegas or could there be a problem with the original AVI?

I can capture the video again inside Vegas but don't want to go through
this and find I have no sound again!!

Thanks for any advice,

Mark.
3 answers Last reply
More about sony vegas import newbie question

    Mark Kellaway wrote:
    >I can capture the video again inside Vegas but don't want to go through
    >this and find I have no sound again!!

    Test with a short capture. It should be fine.

    Craig H.

    "Mark Kellaway" <mhkellaway@yahoo-nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:10jtrju1ql00u97@corp.supernews.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some AVI files that were captured from my DV cam using InterVideo
    > WinDVD Creator. I am trying to use Vegas to edit and produce the MPEG's
    > for DVD authoring but for some reason when I import the AVI there is no
    > sound track. Does anyone know why this would be, am I missing something
    > "obvious" in Vegas or could there be a problem with the original AVI?
    >
    > I can capture the video again inside Vegas but don't want to go through
    > this and find I have no sound again!!
    >
    > Thanks for any advice,
    >
    > Mark.

    Are the AVIs 16-bit, 48 kHz? Is that what Vegas is set to expect?

Tuner Cards Sony Video AVI Graphics