Sony Vegas and AVI import - Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

I have some AVI files that were captured from my DV cam using InterVideo
WinDVD Creator. I am trying to use Vegas to edit and produce the MPEG's
for DVD authoring but for some reason when I import the AVI there is no
sound track. Does anyone know why this would be, am I missing something
"obvious" in Vegas or could there be a problem with the original AVI?

I can capture the video again inside Vegas but don't want to go through
this and find I have no sound again!!

Thanks for any advice,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway wrote:
>I can capture the video again inside Vegas but don't want to go through
>this and find I have no sound again!!

Test with a short capture. It should be fine.

Craig H.

"Mark Kellaway" <mhkellaway@yahoo-nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:10jtrju1ql00u97@corp.supernews.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have some AVI files that were captured from my DV cam using InterVideo
> WinDVD Creator. I am trying to use Vegas to edit and produce the MPEG's
> for DVD authoring but for some reason when I import the AVI there is no
> sound track. Does anyone know why this would be, am I missing something
> "obvious" in Vegas or could there be a problem with the original AVI?
>
> I can capture the video again inside Vegas but don't want to go through
> this and find I have no sound again!!
>
> Thanks for any advice,
>
> Mark.

Are the AVIs 16-bit, 48 kHz? Is that what Vegas is set to expect?