Adobe Premiere Pro Book?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi. I'm looking for a book about using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.
There's a bunch out there, and all are pretty expensive. I want to
buy one, but I figure I'd check first here to get recommendations.

Thanks!

Ken

INFO

>Hi. I'm looking for a book about using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.
>There's a bunch out there, and all are pretty expensive. I want to
>buy one, but I figure I'd check first here to get recommendations.

Go here for the Premiere Pro 1.5 version
http://tinyurl.com/5g43o

or a better deal is here for the Premiere 6.5 version (95% the same
but you get all the training you need)
http://tinyurl.com/45bq6

Susan

kenandeva@yahoo.com (Ken) wrote:

>Hi. I'm looking for a book about using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.
>There's a bunch out there, and all are pretty expensive. I want to
>buy one, but I figure I'd check first here to get recommendations.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ken

Hi Ken,

The very best book on Premiere Pro I know of that will take you from a
beginner to pretty experienced user for a reasonable amount of money
in a reasonable amount of time is "Sams Teach Yourself Adobe Premiere
Pro in 24 Hours." It is by Jeff Sengstack and takes you step by step
from how to get started to advanced editing. The retail price is
about $30.

You'll learn a lot about Premiere and a lot about video by reading
this book and following the many step-by-step examples.

It should be available at any large local bookstore that carries
computer books.

I don't know if the 1.5 book is out yet, but the original book covers
all you'll probably ever use Pro.

Hope this helps,

Susan

The Adobe 'Classrom in a Boook' for Premiere Pro is pretty good. It covers
the basics and will get you up to intermediate level pretty quickly.

Wondering

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

check out the reviews of their classroom book and you'll see that a
few reviewers have noted a bunch of errors. that's a very bad sign of
sloppiness on their part. surprising.

the other recommendation (above) for total training dvds seems
excellent though it comes with a much higher price tag: around $150 i
think.

Wondering

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

although not a book, this might be of interest to you:

do a search on amazon and you'll find there are some training cds/dvds
from companies that i've never heard of. still, the price is so cheap
that i don't think you can go wrong. for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=186&item=7103689170&rd=1

it's a bit of a risk, but it's so cheap that it may be worth it. if
it's just half way decent, you'll at least get the basics by watching
vs. reading.

just a thought,

wondering

Wondering

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

sorry! i meant try doing a search on ebay.

there are some "buy now" prices that are pretty cheap if you're
willing to take a chance.

TRENDING THREADS