Remote Desktop WAS working fine....then installed Movian c..

I set up a VPN connection (PPTP) with no XP firewall and I can connect to my
corporate network (from XP pro laptop) just fine. Then, I remote my XP
desktop - NO PROBLEMS for 6 months.

Today, I installed on my XP laptop a movian VPN (software) client for
another network. Since then, I am unable to remote my desktop client at
work. I can STILL VPN and ping everything, I simply cannot remote my XP
desktop (or anything else for that matter). I get the following error every
time:

Remote Desktop Disconnected: "The connection to the remote computer was
broken"

I tried removing the certificate key in the registry for
TermService/Paramters but this did not work. Again, I am able to VPN into
BOTH networks using the various VPN connections, I simply cannot establish
a Remote Desktop Connection to any of the servers/workstations at my
company. Also, I cannot telnet (any port) once I am connected.

Any Ideas? Please!

Now I can remote my desktop but only with 256 colors? What's up?

"Carl McClellan" <carlm12@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I set up a VPN connection (PPTP) with no XP firewall and I can connect to
my
> corporate network (from XP pro laptop) just fine. Then, I remote my XP
> desktop - NO PROBLEMS for 6 months.
>
> Today, I installed on my XP laptop a movian VPN (software) client for
> another network. Since then, I am unable to remote my desktop client at
> work. I can STILL VPN and ping everything, I simply cannot remote my XP
> desktop (or anything else for that matter). I get the following error
every
> time:
>
> Remote Desktop Disconnected: "The connection to the remote computer was
> broken"
>
> I tried removing the certificate key in the registry for
> TermService/Paramters but this did not work. Again, I am able to VPN
into
> BOTH networks using the various VPN connections, I simply cannot
establish
> a Remote Desktop Connection to any of the servers/workstations at my
> company. Also, I cannot telnet (any port) once I am connected.
>

> Any Ideas? Please!

Before you connect to the remote machine, go to the Display tab in the
Remote Desktop Connection client and increase the display depth
there...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com