Remote Desktop WAS working fine....then installed Movian c..

I set up a VPN connection (PPTP) with no XP firewall and I can connect to my
corporate network (from XP pro laptop) just fine. Then, I remote my XP
desktop - NO PROBLEMS for 6 months.

Today, I installed on my XP laptop a movian VPN (software) client for
another network. Since then, I am unable to remote my desktop client at
work. I can STILL VPN and ping everything, I simply cannot remote my XP
desktop (or anything else for that matter). I get the following error every
time:

Remote Desktop Disconnected: "The connection to the remote computer was
broken"

I tried removing the certificate key in the registry for
TermService/Paramters but this did not work. Again, I am able to VPN into
BOTH networks using the various VPN connections, I simply cannot establish
a Remote Desktop Connection to any of the servers/workstations at my
company. Also, I cannot telnet (any port) once I am connected.

Any Ideas? Please!
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop working fine then installed movian

    Now I can remote my desktop but only with 256 colors? What's up?

    "Carl McClellan" <carlm12@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I set up a VPN connection (PPTP) with no XP firewall and I can connect to
    my
    > corporate network (from XP pro laptop) just fine. Then, I remote my XP
    > desktop - NO PROBLEMS for 6 months.
    >
    > Today, I installed on my XP laptop a movian VPN (software) client for
    > another network. Since then, I am unable to remote my desktop client at
    > work. I can STILL VPN and ping everything, I simply cannot remote my XP
    > desktop (or anything else for that matter). I get the following error
    every
    > time:
    >
    > Remote Desktop Disconnected: "The connection to the remote computer was
    > broken"
    >
    > I tried removing the certificate key in the registry for
    > TermService/Paramters but this did not work. Again, I am able to VPN
    into
    > BOTH networks using the various VPN connections, I simply cannot
    establish
    > a Remote Desktop Connection to any of the servers/workstations at my
    > company. Also, I cannot telnet (any port) once I am connected.
    >

    > Any Ideas? Please!

    Before you connect to the remote machine, go to the Display tab in the
    Remote Desktop Connection client and increase the display depth
    there...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:23:25 -0400, "Carl McClellan"
    <carlm12@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Now I can remote my desktop but only with 256 colors? What's up?
    >

    >"Carl McClellan" <carlm12@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I set up a VPN connection (PPTP) with no XP firewall and I can connect to
    >my
    >> corporate network (from XP pro laptop) just fine. Then, I remote my XP
    >> desktop - NO PROBLEMS for 6 months.
    >>
    >> Today, I installed on my XP laptop a movian VPN (software) client for
    >> another network. Since then, I am unable to remote my desktop client at
    >> work. I can STILL VPN and ping everything, I simply cannot remote my XP
    >> desktop (or anything else for that matter). I get the following error
    >every
    >> time:
    >>
    >> Remote Desktop Disconnected: "The connection to the remote computer was
    >> broken"
    >>
    >> I tried removing the certificate key in the registry for
    >> TermService/Paramters but this did not work. Again, I am able to VPN
    >into
    >> BOTH networks using the various VPN connections, I simply cannot
    >establish
    >> a Remote Desktop Connection to any of the servers/workstations at my
    >> company. Also, I cannot telnet (any port) once I am connected.
    >>

    >> Any Ideas? Please!

Remote Desktop Connection vpn Windows XP