after clicking "ask for remote assistance"...

Hi Guys,
My friend and I both use windows messenger version 4.7 and we're trying to get remote assistance to work between our computers but every time he or I clicks on "ask for remote assistance" and the other party accepts, the messenger window simply says something like "your invitation for remote assistance has been accepted" and nothing happens after this. Isn't some sort of remote assistance window supposed to pop up?
Some help would be very, very much appreciated!

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about after clicking remote assistance

    It appears that the two computers are unable to communicate to each
    other...

    See:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q306800
    and
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306556

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:01:03 -0700, "Sensei Mike"

    >Hi Guys,
    >My friend and I both use windows messenger version 4.7 and we're trying to get remote assistance to work between our computers but every time he or I clicks on "ask for remote assistance" and the other party accepts, the messenger window simply says something like "your invitation for remote assistance has been accepted" and nothing happens after this. Isn't some sort of remote assistance window supposed to pop up?
    >Some help would be very, very much appreciated!
    >
    >Thanks.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP