Uploading sound from my digital video-camera..

Hello there,

I have a JVC DVL9000 from the year 2000 and I tried to uploading a DV to my
PC. I'm using my Pinnacle TV-card with a S-video connection. I also
connected a single audiocable to my line-in for the sound. But there is a
problem with the sound, because from the left speaker you can here what is
said on the tape and on the right you here a very annoying sound/zoom,
louder then the left speaker. Now, I think that's because it is MONO (!?)

Does someone recognize this problem and can someone tell me how to solve
this problem!?

greetz,

Bianca.
Netherlands / Holland
1 answer Last reply
More about uploading sound digital video camera

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:46:03 +0100, "RJ" <rodner@wanadoo.nl> found these
    unused words floating about:

    >Hello there,
    >
    >I have a JVC DVL9000 from the year 2000 and I tried to uploading a DV to my
    >PC. I'm using my Pinnacle TV-card with a S-video connection. I also
    >connected a single audiocable to my line-in for the sound. But there is a
    >problem with the sound, because from the left speaker you can here what is
    >said on the tape and on the right you here a very annoying sound/zoom,
    >louder then the left speaker. Now, I think that's because it is MONO (!?)
    >
    >Does someone recognize this problem and can someone tell me how to solve
    >this problem!?
    >
    >greetz,
    >
    >Bianca.
    >Netherlands / Holland

    Your line in is STEREO. IF you are using a single MONO cable, then you're
    probably getting ground 'buzz'.

    Try either using a STEREO cable, or converting the mono output (left) of the
    camera through a wye to BOTH inputs of the Line IN on the pinnacle. This
    will take some adapters.

    It's also possible that you have a defective cable IF you're using STEREO,
    or that the jacks have manufacturing residue and you'd need to burnish them
    by inserting, rotating the cable connection several times.

    Ain't audio FUN?

Cameras Digital Video Peripherals