Uploading sound from my digital video-camera..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 26, 2005 7:46:03 PM

Hello there,

I have a JVC DVL9000 from the year 2000 and I tried to uploading a DV to my
PC. I'm using my Pinnacle TV-card with a S-video connection. I also
connected a single audiocable to my line-in for the sound. But there is a
problem with the sound, because from the left speaker you can here what is
said on the tape and on the right you here a very annoying sound/zoom,
louder then the left speaker. Now, I think that's because it is MONO (!?)

Does someone recognize this problem and can someone tell me how to solve
this problem!?

greetz,

Bianca.
Netherlands / Holland
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 7:46:04 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:46:03 +0100, "RJ" <rodner@wanadoo.nl> found these
unused words floating about:

>Hello there,
>
>I have a JVC DVL9000 from the year 2000 and I tried to uploading a DV to my
>PC. I'm using my Pinnacle TV-card with a S-video connection. I also
>connected a single audiocable to my line-in for the sound. But there is a
>problem with the sound, because from the left speaker you can here what is
>said on the tape and on the right you here a very annoying sound/zoom,
>louder then the left speaker. Now, I think that's because it is MONO (!?)
>
>Does someone recognize this problem and can someone tell me how to solve
>this problem!?
>
>greetz,
>
>Bianca.
>Netherlands / Holland

Your line in is STEREO. IF you are using a single MONO cable, then you're
probably getting ground 'buzz'.

Try either using a STEREO cable, or converting the mono output (left) of the
camera through a wye to BOTH inputs of the Line IN on the pinnacle. This
will take some adapters.

It's also possible that you have a defective cable IF you're using STEREO,
or that the jacks have manufacturing residue and you'd need to burnish them
by inserting, rotating the cable connection several times.

Ain't audio FUN?