Reboot Remote Workstation

peter

Can we use Remote Desktop Connection to reboot remote
workstation ?

I can only get "Log off" and "Disconnect" button.

Thanks

Henrik

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Right click on the Task pane to open the task manager.
There you have the option to 'restart'

You can do a <Ctrl><Alt><End> and bring up the remote Task Manager. Then select the "Shutdown" menu
at the top of the Task Manager window and select the desired action. You can also use the "tsshutdn"
or "shutdown" commands from the command line. Open "Help and Support" and search on each for the
proper syntax.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can we use Remote Desktop Connection to reboot remote
> workstation ?
>
> I can only get "Log off" and "Disconnect" button.
>
> Thanks

peter

Thank you for your advice.

for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
confers no rights...

>"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Can we use Remote Desktop Connection to reboot remote
>> workstation ?
>>
>> I can only get "Log off" and "Disconnect" button.
>>
>> Thanks
>
>.

Pablo

If the host is a windows xp pro, you can also click on 'windows security'
which is a little icon above the 'logoff/disconnect' in the start menu.
It's really the same thing as the others have advised, with a different way
of getting there.

Paul