remote desktop connection broken.

Hello,
when I try to connect to a remote desktop with the winXP
remote desktop tool I receive this error:

remote desktop connection broken caused by a network error.
try again to connect to remote host.

Sorry but the traduction it's not 100% right because I'm
italian and the message appear in Italian!:-)
Thank to all
By bye
5 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection broken

    Are you calling using the correct IP address?

    Is this over a private LAN or the public internet?

    Any firewall/NAT/router between the host and the client? If so, is TCP Port 3389 forwarded/opened?

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Aratdeva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > when I try to connect to a remote desktop with the winXP
    > remote desktop tool I receive this error:
    >
    > remote desktop connection broken caused by a network error.
    > try again to connect to remote host.
    >
    > Sorry but the traduction it's not 100% right because I'm
    > italian and the message appear in Italian!:-)
    > Thank to all
    > By bye

    How frequent is this error? Also are you able to connect at all or do
    you get this error when you attempt to connect?

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:53:08 -0700, "Aratdeva"

    >Hello,
    >when I try to connect to a remote desktop with the winXP
    >remote desktop tool I receive this error:
    >
    >remote desktop connection broken caused by a network error.
    >try again to connect to remote host.
    >
    >Sorry but the traduction it's not 100% right because I'm
    >italian and the message appear in Italian!:-)
    >Thank to all
    >By bye

    I'm in Lan connection,on the same switch,in the same
    office,the lan parameters ara correct,this problem happen
    everytime i try to connect to only one pc,the other pc's
    are ok.
    Thanks.

    for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    >The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    confers no rights...

    >"Aratdeva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> Hello,
    >> when I try to connect to a remote desktop with the winXP
    >> remote desktop tool I receive this error:
    >>
    >> remote desktop connection broken caused by a network
    error.
    >> try again to connect to remote host.
    >>
    >> Sorry but the traduction it's not 100% right because I'm
    >> italian and the message appear in Italian!:-)
    >> Thank to all
    >> By bye
    >
    >.

    The error appear everytime I connect to a specify pc,other
    pc in the same office are ok.

    benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
    not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >
    >On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:53:08 -0700, "Aratdeva"
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>when I try to connect to a remote desktop with the winXP
    >>remote desktop tool I receive this error:
    >>
    >>remote desktop connection broken caused by a network
    error.
    >>try again to connect to remote host.
    >>
    >>Sorry but the traduction it's not 100% right because I'm
    >>italian and the message appear in Italian!:-)
    >>Thank to all
    >>By bye
    >
    >.

    Did you applied the patch for Sasser virus in the computer that you
    cannot access?
    This patch prevents the access to the sistem in terminal server and you
    get a generic network error.
    Give a look to:
    http://tinyurl.com/2ktbv

    Francesco

    --
    FrancescoC

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Windows XP