marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

question,

i have a xp home machine at one company (they bought it new when i told them to get pro) and a 03 server at another company, set up as a terminal server

I can vpn into the server with the xp home machine and even remote desktop into it so that the on ecompany can run a program off that server, but they need to print from that program to their local printer,
when i set it up at my office i could print to my network printer fine, i have xp pro.

the printer they have is a dell ap900 or something, its got a usb connection, the server cannot find that printer when they connect to the server, i tried to install it and everything.

can they even print from the server sinse they got xp home and a usb printer.

Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302361 which
describes how to solve/workaround this problem...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:16:02 -0700, marcus