Unable select VPN option in Network Wizard

May 13, 2004 3:53:52 PM

Please help

I am trying to set up my VPN in XP pro and when I select
use the network connection wizard I am seeing the VPN
connect option but I cannot select it beause it is faded
out, I am only allowed to select the ISDN/Dial up option.

I have been dealing with our help desk and am being told
to format my drive, I don't want to do this.

Thanks in advance
Steve
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 6:10:23 PM

Look at this Google thread for possible help....

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&t...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Steve Klarner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help
>
> I am trying to set up my VPN in XP pro and when I select
> use the network connection wizard I am seeing the VPN
> connect option but I cannot select it beause it is faded
> out, I am only allowed to select the ISDN/Dial up option.
>
> I have been dealing with our help desk and am being told
> to format my drive, I don't want to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Steve
May 13, 2004 6:10:24 PM

Thanks,
I had done that already and still no luck, I have installed SP1A yesterday as well

Steve
June 8, 2004 2:24:48 AM

That's a real hooker. Had that problem myself some time
ago - finally found out how to solve it. You need to
resolve the wizard issue, high speed internet - swamp R -
you can do it. Pick one up, you remember how.

Dick Matt Gervais

!