Outlook 2002 on WinXP laptop through Cisco VPN software ha..

Hi -

I use a laptop and VPN software to establish a connection to my work
in order to use email (Outlook client using exchange email). I am on
Adelphia Powlink high speed internet.

I'm using Outlook 2002 mail client (even upgraded to 2003 but still
didn't work) on a WinXP laptop (SP1) using a Cisco VPN software
version 3.x. I am having problems with the connection to the exchange
server. I'm not certain what version of exchange is on the back-end
server. Email seems to work slowly sometimes and not at all at
others.

The VPN connection is established just fine. Internal websites within
the VPN work fine. As soon as I try to send and receive email
messages, WinXP alerts pop up and say that Outlook is trying to
receive information from the exchange server. Then the connection to
the exchange server is lost and re-established at random. Every once
in a while a message will come in or go out. So it isn't completely
*broken*.

Dial-up works fine for the email services. Personal firewall is
turned off. No routers or hubs or other software firewalls are in
use. Also, it seems that when I travel and stay in hotels around the
country with high speed internet services, it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt

Try posting this in one of the Outlook or Exchange groups...
Outlook/Exchange interop can be fairly tricky and there may be a
misconfiguration on the server side that could be causing the issue
you describe.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com