Trouble setting up Remote Desktop Access

Tags:
  • Broadband
  • Remote Desktop
  • Windows XP
May 14, 2004 7:36:41 AM

Hi

I'm trying to connect my laptop (running XP Pro on
broadband) to my home PC (running XP Pro on broadband). Am
new to networking, so Remote Desktop seems so hard !

How do I know my remote computer's "Computer Name" when
connecting? I'll connect via internet (too far for LAN)
so what does "host name" mean? On broadband, I don't have
a static IP address so assume that bit to be irelevant.

Thanks a lot.

More about : trouble setting remote desktop access

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 11:13:43 PM

> I'm trying to connect my laptop (running XP Pro on
> broadband) to my home PC (running XP Pro on broadband). Am
> new to networking, so Remote Desktop seems so hard !
>
> How do I know my remote computer's "Computer Name" when
> connecting? I'll connect via internet (too far for LAN)
> so what does "host name" mean? On broadband, I don't have
> a static IP address so assume that bit to be irelevant.

Use the public IP of your home PC
!