Widescreen monitor in place of 2 conventional?

jeff

I'm curious, in the world of NLE editing, can a 27" WIDESCREEN monitor take
the place of TWO conventional 17 inch monitors when editing?

Jeff

Jeff wrote:
> I'm curious, in the world of NLE editing, can a 27" WIDESCREEN
> monitor take the place of TWO conventional 17 inch monitors when
> editing?
>
> Jeff

In theory you could but, IMO, there are 2 factors to conside.
First of all, you'd have to place that size of set further away from you
than a 17". Secondly, and perhaps more important, my moitor is currently
set to 1024 x 768. Double that and you have a workspace that is 2048 x 768.
I don't think widescreen sets approach that width so, in then end, you have
less screen space to work with.

Mike