Windows XP home and Windows Mobile 2003 Remote Control

Tags:
  • Windows Mobile
  • Windows XP
May 15, 2004 6:21:02 AM

Hi All,

I would like to be able to control my Windows XP home Machine with my Pocket PC. I have tried to connect using the terminal services client as it says you need terminal services or remote desktop. I have seen reomte desktop in my start menu so i assumed it would work. But it says the server timed out. Am i going about it the wrong way? Do i need to install any other software?

Thank you in advance.

More about : windows home windows mobile 2003 remote control

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 9:39:15 AM

XP Home can *NOT* be a Remote Desktop host so you can *NOT* use the PocketPC built-in Terminal
Services Client to control the machine. An alternative is VNC.

Get the server software (to be installed on the XP Home box) from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Get the PocketPC VNC client software from...

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~midgley/wince/vnc.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

!