Windows XP home and Windows Mobile 2003 Remote Control

Hi All,

I would like to be able to control my Windows XP home Machine with my Pocket PC. I have tried to connect using the terminal services client as it says you need terminal services or remote desktop. I have seen reomte desktop in my start menu so i assumed it would work. But it says the server timed out. Am i going about it the wrong way? Do i need to install any other software?

Thank you in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home windows mobile 2003 remote control

    XP Home can *NOT* be a Remote Desktop host so you can *NOT* use the PocketPC built-in Terminal
    Services Client to control the machine. An alternative is VNC.

    Get the server software (to be installed on the XP Home box) from...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    Get the PocketPC VNC client software from...

    http://www.cs.utah.edu/~midgley/wince/vnc.html

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "PeTe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I would like to be able to control my Windows XP home Machine with my Pocket PC. I have tried to
    > connect using the terminal services client as it says you need terminal services or remote
    > desktop. I have seen reomte desktop in my start menu so i assumed it would work. But it says the
    > server timed out. Am i going about it the wrong way? Do i need to install any other software?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

Windows Mobile Windows XP