Remote Connection Error - "Policy of system does not permit"

May 17, 2004 12:22:47 AM

I recently upgraded a W2K system to XP Pro so that I
could use Remote Desktop. I enabled Remote Desktop on XP
Pro and configured a remote user Id.

When I try to connect from a computer running XP Home on
my internal network I get the following error
message: "The local policy of this system does not permit
you to logon interactively".

I have tried to login using the Remote Id and the Admin
Id. I'm stumped about what else I need to enable to get
the Remote Desktop working. Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 2:36:37 AM

This is a popular question tonight, and I'm not in my best form.

There's a thread here, in this group, dated May 10th, subject logon
interactively error.

Your answer is a policy setting, and it is mentioned in that thread.

"CAS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D dbf01c43bbe$39a387e0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I recently upgraded a W2K system to XP Pro so that I
> could use Remote Desktop. I enabled Remote Desktop on XP
> Pro and configured a remote user Id.
>
> When I try to connect from a computer running XP Home on
> my internal network I get the following error
> message: "The local policy of this system does not permit
> you to logon interactively".
>
> I have tried to login using the Remote Id and the Admin
> Id. I'm stumped about what else I need to enable to get
> the Remote Desktop working. Any assistance would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 12:34:51 AM

For reference:
Group Policy: Allow logon through Terminal Services

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

!