lcd flip around

Hello. I have a rather unusual problem. I've got a JVC DV camera that's
around 2 years old. The little LCD display screen used to have the ability
to automatically vertically inverse what was displayed.
What that means is if you turn the display over 180' so that it faces the
same way as the lens then the image displayed is automatically flipped over
so that it doesn't appear upside-down.
Its just that recently this has stopped working, so that the image is now
the wrong way round. I know this is a minor problem but I'm wondering if
anyone else has experienced this and is it a sign the camera is on it's way
out, or can it be repaired?
Thanks.

Just a guess here....can it be changed by a menu setting? I know my Canon
and Panasonic camera's allow for different flips or mirrors when the LCD is
rotated 180° through a menu setting. I'm not sure what would happen if the
internal battery died. My guess is everything resets to default. Like I
said, just a guess.

rqo

"rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Just a guess here....can it be changed by a menu setting? I know my Canon
> and Panasonic camera's allow for different flips or mirrors when the LCD
> is rotated 180° through a menu setting. I'm not sure what would happen
> if the internal battery died. My guess is everything resets to default.
> Like I said, just a guess.
>
> rqo

Thanks for the reply
But there's nothing in the menu. I've reset the options to default and it's
not helped.
Oh well.

"HarrySpider" <whatevernext10@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:414743ea$0$22754$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...

> "rqo" <safetyo@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Just a guess here....can it be changed by a menu setting? I know my Canon
> > and Panasonic camera's allow for different flips or mirrors when the LCD
> > is rotated 180° through a menu setting. I'm not sure what would happen
> > if the internal battery died. My guess is everything resets to default.
> > Like I said, just a guess.
> >
> > rqo
> >
> Thanks for the reply
> But there's nothing in the menu. I've reset the options to default and it's
> not helped.
> Oh well.

For the camcorder to "know" when the screen is flipped there must be
a microswitch somewhere that switches when the screen is rotated.
Maybe that switch has failed. If so, it's a relatively minor thing, and
it probably doesn't imply that anything else is about to fail.

I think you should check thru the handbook - my Canon allows this to be
on or off - re defaults it might depend which menu you are defaulting
the options on - eg if you go to default on a menu that doesn't control
that function, well then...

David

--
If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?