Recommendations for Photo Slideshow Software needed.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 13, 2004 12:48:46 PM

Here is what I would like:

Ability to import in large number of .jpg's. More than 99.
Generate automatic, random transitions.
Ability to add multiple songs as soundtracks and divide the picture display
times up against the total music time.
Be able to burn a VCD directly from the program.

I have a lot of pictures that I want to make into shows. I want to be able
to see them on a standalone DVD player and a TV, not on the computer. I
don't really want to spend huge amounts of time doing it, so I just want to
gather up 200 pictures, drop them into the program, grab a couple of songs,
drop them in, generate the transitions and burn the VCD. I have tried Nero
(99 files only), Windows Movie Maker (automovie doesn't work, won't burn),
uLead (won't burn to my SCSI Plextor CD writer), and some others that all
fail in one of the functions or another. Magix looks promising, but I have
heard they also have a 99 file limit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its --> ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 11:02:13 PM

Hi,

You may download "DVD Photo Slideshow" from
http://www.dvd-photo-slideshow.com to have a try. The software doesn't
have 99 photos limitation. The software makes high resolution photos
on TV screen. The image quality is very good.

"jtpr" <jtpryan@ureach.com> wrote in message news:<2qoh2oF10em59U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Here is what I would like:
>
> Ability to import in large number of .jpg's. More than 99.
> Generate automatic, random transitions.
> Ability to add multiple songs as soundtracks and divide the picture display
> times up against the total music time.
> Be able to burn a VCD directly from the program.
>
> I have a lot of pictures that I want to make into shows. I want to be able
> to see them on a standalone DVD player and a TV, not on the computer. I
> don't really want to spend huge amounts of time doing it, so I just want to
> gather up 200 pictures, drop them into the program, grab a couple of songs,
> drop them in, generate the transitions and burn the VCD. I have tried Nero
> (99 files only), Windows Movie Maker (automovie doesn't work, won't burn),
> uLead (won't burn to my SCSI Plextor CD writer), and some others that all
> fail in one of the functions or another. Magix looks promising, but I have
> heard they also have a 99 file limit.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 11:05:30 PM

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:48:46 -0400, "jtpr" <jtpryan@ureach.com> wrote:

>Thanks for any suggestions.

http://www.picturetotv.com/

Rich M.
September 15, 2004 1:32:17 AM

"jtpr" <jtpryan@ureach.com> wrote in

> Here is what I would like:
>
> Ability to import in large number of .jpg's. More than 99.
> Generate automatic, random transitions.
> Ability to add multiple songs as soundtracks and divide the
> picture display times up against the total music time.
> Be able to burn a VCD directly from the program.
>
> I have a lot of pictures that I want to make into shows. I want
> to be able to see them on a standalone DVD player and a TV, not
> on the computer. I don't really want to spend huge amounts of
> time doing it, so I just want to gather up 200 pictures, drop them
> into the program, grab a couple of songs, drop them in, generate
> the transitions and burn the VCD. I have tried Nero (99 files
> only), Windows Movie Maker (automovie doesn't work, won't burn),
> uLead (won't burn to my SCSI Plextor CD writer), and some others
> that all fail in one of the functions or another. Magix looks
> promising, but I have heard they also have a 99 file limit.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>

> --
> -Jim
> ©¿©¬
>
> If you want to reply by email its --> ryan at jimryan dot com
> Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam

I would have recommended uLead Picture Show 2.

I'm being lazy, so I'll just suggest this workaround without
verifying it. Can uLead output to a DVD image on your hard drive
instead of to a DVD? If so you can do that and then burn the result
with Nero.

There are two things that I mean when I say a DVD image: one is a
directory with the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders and all the .vob
files, etc, and the other is a true full bitwise image of the DVD,
such as the ones Nero can create, burn, and even emulate (with Nero
ImageDrive). They have .nrg or .iso file types, and maybe other
types too.

Nero should be able to burn either.

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:48:46 -0400, "jtpr" <jtpryan@ureach.com> wrote:

>Here is what I would like:
>
>Ability to import in large number of .jpg's. More than 99.
>Generate automatic, random transitions.
>Ability to add multiple songs as soundtracks and divide the picture display
>times up against the total music time.
>Be able to burn a VCD directly from the program.

ProShow Gold www.photodex.com
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 3:30:49 AM

Another software choice is photo to dvd. Take a look and have a try
from http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
!