alex

I have just recently set up a linksys router at home and
now I am unable to remote connect to my machine. What do
I have to do to enable this?

alex wrote:
> I have just recently set up a linksys router at home and
> now I am unable to remote connect to my machine. What do
> I have to do to enable this?

Read the manual that came with your linksys.
Forward the proper port (3389) through your linksys to your home machine.

The IP you will need to know from now on is that of the linksys, not your
machine.

--
<- Shenan ->

> I have just recently set up a linksys router at home and
> now I am unable to remote connect to my machine. What do
> I have to do to enable this?

Read about configuring routers for using with remote controlling programs:

http://www.anyplace-control.com/faq.shtml

--
Best regards, Yura Goncharuk.
Member of Independed Software Developers Forum (ISDEF) #189

Anyplace Control Software (http://www.anyplace-control.com)
Software that allows you to control any PC from anywhere.

Al has a somewhat applicable link that will tell you how to configure
your Linksys router.

http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:08:49 -0700, "alex"