Interesting looking HL2 SP mod :-)

I've just noticed a news post on the frontpage of VERC Collective about
a new episodic SP mod, MINERVA, the first part of which has been
released. Encouraging reviews from the VERC 'commentators' too :)

worth checking it out:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/MINERVA

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
8 answers Last reply

    I just played it as well, 15-20 minutes to go through it. Pretty
    intense, well-made map. Gonna have to release bigger maps to keep me
    waiting, though.

    "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
    > I've just noticed a news post on the frontpage of VERC Collective about a
    > new episodic SP mod, MINERVA, the first part of which has been released.
    > Encouraging reviews from the VERC 'commentators' too :)
    >
    > worth checking it out:
    > http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/MINERVA
    >
    > --
    > Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Got it, played it, want some more!
    McG.

    "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
    > I've just noticed a news post on the frontpage of VERC Collective about a
    > new episodic SP mod, MINERVA, the first part of which has been released.
    > Encouraging reviews from the VERC 'commentators' too :)
    >
    > worth checking it out:
    > http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/MINERVA
    >
    > --
    > Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    That was great - better design than some of the HL2 levels I thought.

    I have a question though, is it normal not to have the GG in the beginning?

    I am finding it interestingly challenging to go through things that I'd
    normally solve with the GG easily.

    Jay

    S P O I L E R A H E A D

    Well, I went through the whole thing and never found the GG.
    I guess it wasn't provided on purpose, as the difficulty level felt about
    right at normal and GGless. I can see how it would have been too easy had
    they given the GG. This way knowing every bullet counts it keeps you paying
    close attention at how you spend them. I mean, had I had the GG, I wouldn't
    have worried much about running out of ammo, as long as there was something
    to be thrown.

    Jay

    Oh, and btw, I loved this Mod, Minerva-Metastasis. I used to be a big
    Marathon fan, and I read these guys were quite influenced by that game too,
    and it shows in this mod, which is something I did enjoyed too. I loved the
    music too, very nice.
    In general I thought this map was superb!
    I can't wait for the next one.

    Jay

    "Jay" <nospam_javierdl@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >S P O I L E R A H E A D

    > Well, I went through the whole thing and never found the GG.
    > I guess it wasn't provided on purpose, as the difficulty level felt about
    > right at normal and GGless. I can see how it would have been too easy had
    > they given the GG. This way knowing every bullet counts it keeps you
    > paying close attention at how you spend them. I mean, had I had the GG, I
    > wouldn't have worried much about running out of ammo, as long as there was
    > something to be thrown.
    >
    > Jay

    I couldn't really see where it would have been that much use?

    S P O I L E R A H E A D

    For starters:
    1. To get rid of those electric balls on the sandy beach
    2. To throw objects (namely washroom sinks) of any kind at combine soldiers.
    More often than not, one obj will do the task at once, faster and cheaper.
    3. I could go on, but clearly these 2 (especially the 2nd) are already good
    enough reasons to have the GG around.

    Jay

    "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote in message

    > "Jay" <nospam_javierdl@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>S P O I L E R A H E A D

    >> Well, I went through the whole thing and never found the GG.
    >> I guess it wasn't provided on purpose, as the difficulty level felt about
    >> right at normal and GGless. I can see how it would have been too easy had
    >> they given the GG. This way knowing every bullet counts it keeps you
    >> paying close attention at how you spend them. I mean, had I had the GG, I
    >> wouldn't have worried much about running out of ammo, as long as there
    >> was something to be thrown.
    >>
    >> Jay
    >>

    > I couldn't really see where it would have been that much use?

Video Games