Sign in with
Your question

No boot after extending partition

Last response: in Windows 7
January 1, 2011 11:34:54 PM

Hello,
I just recently installed windows 7 on a partition that previously had vista, and backed up my "users" folder on another partition. I copied all the files back to the 7 partition and used a program like partition magic to delete the backup and extend the 7 partition. my computer won't boot now. I've tried resetting the mbr, bcdedit, bootfix, and pretty much every solution on the first 20 pages of a google search about this. Help!?
January 2, 2011 4:35:40 AM

U havn't mention which mobo <motherboard> u r using, most of new motherboards comes with boot recovery tool disks, if u have then insert it during boot up .
a b $ Windows 7
January 2, 2011 7:20:09 AM

I've had the same thing happen to me. The first thing you should have done is to insert the Windows disc and let it repair the installation. Hopefully this will still work.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 2, 2011 7:46:50 AM

If not, you're F'ed. Good luck.
a b $ Windows 7
January 2, 2011 5:22:11 PM

A "program like Partition Magic" .... the specific program would help with an answer.

Using Easus Partition manager, I have had this happen, simple repair was accomplished by using the Windows install disk and selecting the repair option.
January 2, 2011 8:13:49 PM

From another forum I found that I could boot into Partition wizard.

In PW I decided to "resize" the buggy partition to it's logical size. After doing this, and then designating the rest of the space as Unallocated, the computer booted! So I have backed up my data, and am clean installing everything.

Thanks, everyone
May 25, 2011 8:49:24 AM

Hi, Which partition software did you use, Partiton Magic? the latest partition magic 8.0 could work on Windows 7? I wonder.. :o 
The Windows 7 is boot from the partition named "system reserved" that's the Windows 7's boot partition did you delete that? If that you could only reinstall your Windows 7.
If you want to extend your partition, you could try this partition software which is special designed for Windows 7, you could read more details aobut this from

http://www.partition-magic-windows7.com/
Hope this could help you
best regards :bounce: 
!