G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I am working on an XP Home laptop and attempting to connect to another laptop running XP Home. The remote machine I am attempting to connect to lost the backlight on the screen. I would be really handy to connect to this machine so I don't have to hook up a big bulky CRT. I initialize Remote Desktop and at the Remote Desktop Connection I select "browse for more" from the drop down menu. When I am presented with the new window that allows me to browse for computers, I see the WORKGROUP that is the default setting for my network. I attempt to expand the workgroup to see the rest of the machines on my network but I get an error message. The message reads "The WORKGROUP domain/workgroup does not contain any Terminal servers." I guess I am stuck. I have done quite a bit of searching the Help and Support Center on my machine, but it is pretty lame. So I am throwing it out here to the Newsgroup Community.
Any Suggestions ?

G

Thanks Jay - That puts an end to that project.

G

It seems fairly weird that MS would include that option in the home addition if it won't function with the operating system. Does anyone want to venture a guess on that MS move.