Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Offline Files & multiple users on laptops

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 18, 2004 2:23:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Howdy-

With multiple users on one laptop all having offline files setup, is
there a reason why User2 is always prompted for connection to User1's share?

It seems like each user who logs on sees or is prompted for
synchronization to all other users' shares. Is this by design? Or is
there some configuration I'm missing?

TIA,
BM

More about : offline files multiple users laptops

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 21, 2004 12:41:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

That is the current behavior... Offline Files seems to be designed
for 1 Offline User...

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:23:04 -0400, Brian M
<brian@nospam.broad.mit.edu> wrote:

>Howdy-
>
>With multiple users on one laptop all having offline files setup, is
>there a reason why User2 is always prompted for connection to User1's share?
>
>It seems like each user who logs on sees or is prompted for
>synchronization to all other users' shares. Is this by design? Or is
>there some configuration I'm missing?
>
>TIA,
>BM
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 14, 2004 12:56:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

This seems to be one of the most annoying things of offline feature. It's a great help if you have only one account you logon on to. But if you set active offline feature on your computer this setting is valid for all other accounts on your machine - and for the others it produces error messages.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> That is the current behavior... Offline Files seems to be designed
> for 1 Offline User...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> be answered depending on time availability....
>
> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:23:04 -0400, Brian M
> <brian@nospam.broad.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> >Howdy-
> >
> >With multiple users on one laptop all having offline files setup, is
> >there a reason why User2 is always prompted for connection to User1's share?
> >
> >It seems like each user who logs on sees or is prompted for
> >synchronization to all other users' shares. Is this by design? Or is
> >there some configuration I'm missing?
> >
> >TIA,
> >BM
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 15, 2004 12:39:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Only thing I can recommend is letting MS know that you would like this
feature change - http://www.microsoft.com/mswish

The more people who express their support of this feature, the more
likely it is to be changed in the future.

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:56:07 -0700, "Lifetec"
<Lifetec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This seems to be one of the most annoying things of offline feature. It's a great help if you have only one account you logon on to. But if you set active offline feature on your computer this setting is valid for all other accounts on your machine - and for the others it produces error messages.
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> That is the current behavior... Offline Files seems to be designed
>> for 1 Offline User...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:23:04 -0400, Brian M
>> <brian@nospam.broad.mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> >Howdy-
>> >
>> >With multiple users on one laptop all having offline files setup, is
>> >there a reason why User2 is always prompted for connection to User1's share?
>> >
>> >It seems like each user who logs on sees or is prompted for
>> >synchronization to all other users' shares. Is this by design? Or is
>> >there some configuration I'm missing?
>> >
>> >TIA,
>> >BM
>>
>>
!