Premier Pro capture problem

Hi all

I have just started with Premier Pro and can't seem to capture from the VCR
playing SVHS into the video card. From 'Capture' and 'Dervice Settings' the
only option is 'DV/IEEE1394 Capture' which, I guess is for direct input from
a DV camera. This info is in a field which looks like it should be
clickable (down arrow beside it) but the arrow doesn't do anything and the
field is dulled out as if there are no other options.

How do I get it to receive contextant video from the tv/video card? (spec's
below)

MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
V-Gear SecurityTV, Philips WDM TvTuner
V-Gear SecurityTV, WDM Audio Capture
V-Gear SecurityTV, WDM Crossbar
V-Gear SecurityTV, WDM Video Capture
Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)

Don G

Probably because you really haven't got a DV device connected to Premiere so
it can not capture DV. You will have to connect to the codec installed for
the device.

"D & J G" <donandjane@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have just started with Premier Pro and can't seem to capture from the
> VCR
> playing SVHS into the video card. From 'Capture' and 'Dervice Settings'
> the
> only option is 'DV/IEEE1394 Capture' which, I guess is for direct input
> from
> a DV camera. This info is in a field which looks like it should be
> clickable (down arrow beside it) but the arrow doesn't do anything and the
> field is dulled out as if there are no other options.
>
> How do I get it to receive contextant video from the tv/video card?
> (spec's
> below)
>
> MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
> V-Gear SecurityTV, Philips WDM TvTuner
> V-Gear SecurityTV, WDM Audio Capture
> V-Gear SecurityTV, WDM Crossbar
> V-Gear SecurityTV, WDM Video Capture
> Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
>
> Don G

"D & J G" <donandjane@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have just started with Premier Pro and can't seem to capture from the
VCR
> playing SVHS into the video card. From 'Capture' and 'Dervice Settings'
the
> only option is 'DV/IEEE1394 Capture' which, I guess is for direct input
from
> a DV camera. This info is in a field which looks like it should be
> clickable (down arrow beside it) but the arrow doesn't do anything and the
> field is dulled out as if there are no other options.
SNIP
I have the same problem.I suspect because it is not one of the suppourted
capture cards.The premier Pro. Manual suggests visiting their web site which
lists compatible cards.I must do that one day!
Reg Beckley