Pentax camera remote codes for Nevo (PocketPC)

May 21, 2004 6:19:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc, rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Pentax camera remote (that would
work with my Optio S4) and a PocketPC with Nevo remote software? I'd
very much like to be able to control my camera from my iPaq but I'd
prefer to not have to buy a Pentax remote just to capture the codes...

Anyone willing and able to help?
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 5:46:57 PM

Chris Knight <dontask@donttell.mil> wrote in message news:<slrncas3vt.3uh.dontask@catbox.hotcat.org>...
> I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Pentax camera remote (that would
> work with my Optio S4) and a PocketPC with Nevo remote software? I'd
> very much like to be able to control my camera from my iPaq but I'd
> prefer to not have to buy a Pentax remote just to capture the codes...
> Anyone willing and able to help?

http://www.camerahacker.com/universal_remote/index.html
http://www.camerahacker.com/universal_remote/Nevo.html

Chieh
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 3:07:27 AM

In article <af776644.0406011246.5ccdbd55@posting.google.com>, Chieh Cheng wrote:
> Chris Knight <dontask@donttell.mil> wrote in message news:<slrncas3vt.3uh.dontask@catbox.hotcat.org>...
>> I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Pentax camera remote (that would
>> work with my Optio S4) and a PocketPC with Nevo remote software? I'd
>> very much like to be able to control my camera from my iPaq but I'd
>> prefer to not have to buy a Pentax remote just to capture the codes...
>> Anyone willing and able to help?
>
> http://www.camerahacker.com/universal_remote/index.html
> http://www.camerahacker.com/universal_remote/Nevo.html

For those with a Pentax Optio camera (and I think any other Pentax
camera that uses the IR remote), I bought a remote and successfully
captured it into Nevo on my iPaq. If you have Nevo and would like a copy
of the code, I might be able to find the magic file and send it to you.

(Help figuring out where the codes end up would be useful too.)
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 4:09:54 AM

<sharp intake of breath>

sensor burn out!

das B

> In article <af776644.0406011246.5ccdbd55@posting.google.com>, Chieh Cheng
wrote:
> > Chris Knight <dontask@donttell.mil> wrote in message
> >> I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Pentax camera remote (that
would
> >> work with my Optio S4) and a PocketPC with Nevo remote software? I'd
> >> very much like to be able to control my camera from my iPaq but I'd
> >> prefer to not have to buy a Pentax remote just to capture the codes...
> >> Anyone willing and able to help?
> >
> > http://www.camerahacker.com/universal_remote/index.html
> > http://www.camerahacker.com/universal_remote/Nevo.html
>
> For those with a Pentax Optio camera (and I think any other Pentax
> camera that uses the IR remote), I bought a remote and successfully
> captured it into Nevo on my iPaq. If you have Nevo and would like a copy
> of the code, I might be able to find the magic file and send it to you.
>
> (Help figuring out where the codes end up would be useful too.)
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:14:52 PM

Hi Chris

Do you still have the "Magic File"? I could really need it. It would be
fun to remote control my Pentax Optio 330 with my IPAQ.
Please send it to me I would be so happy

Thanks sam

--
hansbasil
hansbasil's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&...