DCR-VX2100 warranty on ebay purchase

ricardo

I've been considering buying a DCR-VX2100 on ebay.
This camera is listed as new in box.
Is there a warranty registration card included or is the
warranty validated by a recipt from an authorized Sony dealer?

Please offer any cautions.

Thanks,
Rick Mitchell

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"> I've been considering buying a DCR-VX2100 on ebay.
> This camera is listed as new in box.
> Is there a warranty registration card included or is the
> warranty validated by a recipt from an authorized Sony dealer?
>
> Please offer any cautions.

Um... wouldn't you perhaps be wise to contact the
SELLER about the warranty card? How will anyone
here know what comes in the box you wish to buy??

Ebay is a kitchen and it can get hot. Figure out the
parable that makes the most sense from that.

In article <AW22d.1332$Fg2.430190@newshog.newsread.com>, none@none.net
says...
> Subject: DCR-VX2100 warranty on ebay purchase
> From: "ricardo" <none@none.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>
> I've been considering buying a DCR-VX2100 on ebay.
> This camera is listed as new in box.
> Is there a warranty registration card included or is the
> warranty validated by a recipt from an authorized Sony dealer?
>
> Please offer any cautions.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick Mitchell

I think sony's rule is, if it didn't come from an authorized dealer it
has no warranty. If the seller has the original retail slip from a
dealer then you might be able to get something.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

ricardo

"Chris Phillipo" <cphillipo@ramsays-online.com> wrote in message
> In article <AW22d.1332$Fg2.430190@newshog.newsread.com>, none@none.net
> says...
> > Subject: DCR-VX2100 warranty on ebay purchase
> > From: "ricardo" <none@none.net>
> > Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
> >
> > I've been considering buying a DCR-VX2100 on ebay.
> > This camera is listed as new in box.
> > Is there a warranty registration card included or is the
> > warranty validated by a recipt from an authorized Sony dealer?
> >
> > Please offer any cautions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rick Mitchell
> >

> I think sony's rule is, if it didn't come from an authorized dealer it
> has no warranty. If the seller has the original retail slip from a
> dealer then you might be able to get something.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> http://www.ramsays-online.com

Thanks for your response.
After reading your post I contacted the seller
and asked if they were an authorized dealer
or if they had a recipt from an authorized dealer.
I said I doubted the validity of the warranty
without one of the conditions being true.
The seller did not respond.
I'll have to see if there is a guide on how not
to get screwed on ebay at ebay.

Rick Mitchell