Problems with Win XP Remote Desktop Connection on a Workgr..

May 19, 2004 4:50:50 PM

We have 3 PC's at work running Win XP in a workgroup. The problem is when
all 3 PC's are left running Remote Connections over the web default to only
one PC which has all our user accounts on for sharing in the workgroup. I
have set all the listening ports different for each PC for example 100, 101,
and 102. I have opened ports 3389 and the listening ports on each PC's
Firewall! We connect to the net via a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4 Router! I've also
directed Public Port & Private Port 3389 and the listening ports to each PC'
s static IP address in the Virtual server on the router!

I've tried the remote console and tsweb to connect but it still defaults to
the same PC. When I use (http://ip address:listening port/tsweb) each
listening ports opens the connection page any other port number doesn't, so
the router must be working correctly! I have a funny feeling it may be
something to do with my settings for the router forwarding!

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 4:50:51 PM

See if this helps:

http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...

Ryan wrote:
> We have 3 PC's at work running Win XP in a workgroup. The problem is
> when all 3 PC's are left running Remote Connections over the web
> default to only one PC which has all our user accounts on for sharing
> in the workgroup. I have set all the listening ports different for
> each PC for example 100, 101, and 102. I have opened ports 3389 and
> the listening ports on each PC's Firewall! We connect to the net via
> a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4 Router! I've also directed Public Port &
> Private Port 3389 and the listening ports to each PC' s static IP
> address in the Virtual server on the router!
>
> I've tried the remote console and tsweb to connect but it still
> defaults to the same PC. When I use (http://ip address:listening
> port/tsweb) each listening ports opens the connection page any other
> port number doesn't, so the router must be working correctly! I have
> a funny feeling it may be something to do with my settings for the
> router forwarding!
>

> Hope somebody can help
>

> Thanks in advance
May 19, 2004 6:36:21 PM

Top Man

Now seems to be working fine :-)

Cheers

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> See if this helps:
>
> http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...
>
> Ryan wrote:
> > We have 3 PC's at work running Win XP in a workgroup. The problem is
> > when all 3 PC's are left running Remote Connections over the web
> > default to only one PC which has all our user accounts on for sharing
> > in the workgroup. I have set all the listening ports different for
> > each PC for example 100, 101, and 102. I have opened ports 3389 and
> > the listening ports on each PC's Firewall! We connect to the net via
> > a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4 Router! I've also directed Public Port &
> > Private Port 3389 and the listening ports to each PC' s static IP
> > address in the Virtual server on the router!
> >
> > I've tried the remote console and tsweb to connect but it still
> > defaults to the same PC. When I use (http://ip address:listening
> > port/tsweb) each listening ports opens the connection page any other
> > port number doesn't, so the router must be working correctly! I have
> > a funny feeling it may be something to do with my settings for the
> > router forwarding!
> >

> > Hope somebody can help
> >

> > Thanks in advance

May 19, 2004 6:36:22 PM

Glad it worked!

Ryan wrote:
> Top Man
>
> Now seems to be working fine :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uUr4nLaPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> See if this helps:
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...
>>
>> Ryan wrote:
>>> We have 3 PC's at work running Win XP in a workgroup. The problem
>>> is when all 3 PC's are left running Remote Connections over the web
>>> default to only one PC which has all our user accounts on for
>>> sharing in the workgroup. I have set all the listening ports
>>> different for each PC for example 100, 101, and 102. I have opened
>>> ports 3389 and the listening ports on each PC's Firewall! We
>>> connect to the net via a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4 Router! I've also
>>> directed Public Port & Private Port 3389 and the listening ports to
>>> each PC' s static IP address in the Virtual server on the router!
>>>
>>> I've tried the remote console and tsweb to connect but it still
>>> defaults to the same PC. When I use (http://ip address:listening
>>> port/tsweb) each listening ports opens the connection page any other
>>> port number doesn't, so the router must be working correctly! I
>>> have a funny feeling it may be something to do with my settings for
>>> the router forwarding!
>>>

>>> Hope somebody can help
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance
May 20, 2004 6:03:18 AM

Dear Lanwench

I'm composing this mail remotely from home on my works PC using the Remote
Desktop Console!!! Cooool!!!

The only problem now is with the web based version (tsweb)!!! It seems you
cant specify the remote port, I've configured the router to redirect port
number 3390 to 3389 on IP address 10.0.0.3

So when I type http://52.10.194.206:19673/tsweb/Default.htm the default web
connection page appears but you cant then enter a port number! If I type
http://52.10.194.206:3389/tsweb/Default nothing happens because it cant find
the tsweb page!

Hope you can help me some more

Thanks again ;-)

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
news:o 9UhADePEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Glad it worked!
>
> Ryan wrote:
> > Top Man
> >
> > Now seems to be working fine :-)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
> > message news:uUr4nLaPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >> See if this helps:
> >>
> >> http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...

Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:03:19 AM

Ryan wrote:
> Dear Lanwench
>
> I'm composing this mail remotely from home on my works PC using the
> Remote Desktop Console!!! Cooool!!!
>
> The only problem now is with the web based version (tsweb)!!! It
> seems you cant specify the remote port, I've configured the router to
> redirect port number 3390 to 3389 on IP address 10.0.0.3
>
> So when I type http://52.10.194.206:19673/tsweb/Default.htm the
> default web connection page appears but you cant then enter a port
> number! If I type http://52.10.194.206:3389/tsweb/Default nothing
> happens because it cant find the tsweb page!

Hmmm - not sure; I rarely use TSWeb (esp. for workstations) as I find the RD
client so much nicer & full-featured. Perhaps someone else will post?

> Hope you can help me some more
>
> Thanks again ;-)
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:o 9UhADePEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Glad it worked!
>>
>> Ryan wrote:
>>> Top Man
>>>
>>> Now seems to be working fine :-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>>> message news:uUr4nLaPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
May 20, 2004 4:24:10 PM

You need to modify the HTML in the web page to specify the altered port.

There's a wealth of information available here:

http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...

So--where's what we need?

Here we go:

"Ryan" <RAnderton_PSS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o DAP1YgPEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Dear Lanwench
>
> I'm composing this mail remotely from home on my works PC using the Remote
> Desktop Console!!! Cooool!!!
>
> The only problem now is with the web based version (tsweb)!!! It seems
> you
> cant specify the remote port, I've configured the router to redirect port
> number 3390 to 3389 on IP address 10.0.0.3
>
> So when I type http://52.10.194.206:19673/tsweb/Default.htm the default
> web
> connection page appears but you cant then enter a port number! If I type
> http://52.10.194.206:3389/tsweb/Default nothing happens because it cant
> find
> the tsweb page!
>
> Hope you can help me some more
>
> Thanks again ;-)
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message
> news:o 9UhADePEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Glad it worked!
>>
>> Ryan wrote:
>> > Top Man
>> >
>> > Now seems to be working fine :-)
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> > message news:uUr4nLaPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

May 24, 2004 6:23:10 PM

Thanks Bill

You don't know where the below code should be added, do you? I've tried it
everywhere in the default.htm file but it returns errors!!!

MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort = 3389

Thanks in advance

Ryan

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> You need to modify the HTML in the web page to specify the altered port.
>
> There's a wealth of information available here:
>
> http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...
>
> So--where's what we need?
>
> Here we go:

http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...

> "Ryan" <RAnderton_PSS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o DAP1YgPEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Dear Lanwench
> >
> > I'm composing this mail remotely from home on my works PC using the
Remote
> > Desktop Console!!! Cooool!!!
> >
> > The only problem now is with the web based version (tsweb)!!! It seems
> > you
> > cant specify the remote port, I've configured the router to redirect
port
> > number 3390 to 3389 on IP address 10.0.0.3
> >
> > So when I type http://52.10.194.206:19673/tsweb/Default.htm the default
> > web
> > connection page appears but you cant then enter a port number! If I type
> > http://52.10.194.206:3389/tsweb/Default nothing happens because it cant
> > find
> > the tsweb page!
> >
> > Hope you can help me some more
> >
> > Thanks again ;-)
> >

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
> > message
> > news:o 9UhADePEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> Glad it worked!

Anonymous
May 24, 2004 6:23:11 PM

I've never needed to use this code, I'm afraid.

You need to modify the 3389 for your actual chosen port, of course.

I'm looking, but I don't seem to have IIS running on this machine at the
moment, and I can't look at the file. As I recall there is a set of
parameters--including those which determine whether printers or drives are
redirected. Amongst those is what I'd think.

> Thanks Bill
>
> You don't know where the below code should be added, do you? I've tried
> it
> everywhere in the default.htm file but it returns errors!!!
>
> MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort = 3389
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ryan
>

> "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
>> You need to modify the HTML in the web page to specify the altered port.
>>
>> There's a wealth of information available here:
>>
>> http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...
>>
>> So--where's what we need?
>>
>> Here we go:
>>

> http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...
>>
>> "Ryan" <RAnderton_PSS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o DAP1YgPEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > Dear Lanwench
>> >
>> > I'm composing this mail remotely from home on my works PC using the
> Remote
>> > Desktop Console!!! Cooool!!!
>> >
>> > The only problem now is with the web based version (tsweb)!!! It seems
>> > you
>> > cant specify the remote port, I've configured the router to redirect
> port
>> > number 3390 to 3389 on IP address 10.0.0.3
>> >
>> > So when I type http://52.10.194.206:19673/tsweb/Default.htm the default
>> > web
>> > connection page appears but you cant then enter a port number! If I
>> > type
>> > http://52.10.194.206:3389/tsweb/Default nothing happens because it cant
>> > find
>> > the tsweb page!
>> >
>> > Hope you can help me some more
>> >
>> > Thanks again ;-)
>> >

>> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> > message
>> > news:o 9UhADePEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> other

May 24, 2004 8:10:21 PM

Thanks Bill

Your a top Man :-)

It seems to be working, I'll try it properly 2night!!

Cheers

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
news:o bez2RZQEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I've never needed to use this code, I'm afraid.
>
> You need to modify the 3389 for your actual chosen port, of course.
>
> I'm looking, but I don't seem to have IIS running on this machine at the
> moment, and I can't look at the file. As I recall there is a set of
> parameters--including those which determine whether printers or drives are
> redirected. Amongst those is what I'd think.
>
> "Ryan" <RAnderton_PSS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Bill
> >
> > You don't know where the below code should be added, do you? I've tried
> > it
> > everywhere in the default.htm file but it returns errors!!!
> >
> > MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort = 3389
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> > "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> >> You need to modify the HTML in the web page to specify the altered
port.

> >> There's a wealth of information available here:
> >>
> >> http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...
> >>
> >> So--where's what we need?
> >>
> >> Here we go:

http://remotenetworktechnology.com/ow.asp?Remote%5FNetw...

> >> "Ryan" <RAnderton_PSS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:o DAP1YgPEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> > Remote

> > port

address:listening
> > other

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 1:42:44 AM

You need to put in the file where you see the other MsRDPClient
options...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

!