Can you connect to xp pro in "read-only" mode to spy on em..

I have employees who I think are jacking around. I'd like to see their screens from my computer whenever I want without them knowing -- and without actually taking control of anything. Does remote desktop for xp pro support this? If not, does anyone know of a good alternative?

Thanks,
Fred

Neither Remote Desktop nor Remote Assistance allow for this.

VNC doesn't explicitly notify the host user, at least in older versions,
however, there may well be noticable visual disturbances when you connect.

I would suggest that technology isn't the best solution to this problem.

"fzolar" <fzolar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have employees who I think are jacking around. I'd like to see their
>screens from my computer whenever I want without them knowing -- and
>without actually taking control of anything. Does remote desktop for xp pro
>support this? If not, does anyone know of a good alternative?
>
> Thanks,
> Fred

Shadowing can work that way (depending on how you set up group policy
related to whether or not you can control the settings), but the end
user could notice - there is a noticeable screen flickering when one
starts a shadowing session... (My office does this when we do a CADD
test for a prospective employee).

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:39:39 -0400, "Bill Sanderson"
<Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote:

>Neither Remote Desktop nor Remote Assistance allow for this.
>
>VNC doesn't explicitly notify the host user, at least in older versions,
>however, there may well be noticable visual disturbances when you connect.
>
>I would suggest that technology isn't the best solution to this problem.
>
>"fzolar" <fzolar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have employees who I think are jacking around. I'd like to see their
>>screens from my computer whenever I want without them knowing -- and
>>without actually taking control of anything. Does remote desktop for xp pro
>>support this? If not, does anyone know of a good alternative?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Fred

I need to actually run that test--I've never used shadowing, and I should do
it as a test.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:rvoqa018jae03f03720vpafdkile519qsu@4ax.com...
> Shadowing can work that way (depending on how you set up group policy
> related to whether or not you can control the settings), but the end
> user could notice - there is a noticeable screen flickering when one
> starts a shadowing session... (My office does this when we do a CADD
> test for a prospective employee).
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:39:39 -0400, "Bill Sanderson"
> <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote:
>
>>Neither Remote Desktop nor Remote Assistance allow for this.
>>
>>VNC doesn't explicitly notify the host user, at least in older versions,
>>however, there may well be noticable visual disturbances when you connect.
>>
>>I would suggest that technology isn't the best solution to this problem.
>>
>>"fzolar" <fzolar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I have employees who I think are jacking around. I'd like to see their
>>>screens from my computer whenever I want without them knowing -- and
>>>without actually taking control of anything. Does remote desktop for xp
>>>pro
>>>support this? If not, does anyone know of a good alternative?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Fred

Shadowing is easy in a domain environment... It can be a bear in a
workgroup environment due to permission issues, though...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:52:55 -0400, "Bill Sanderson"