My Documents available offline

Hi,
Here's the scenario:
XP pro laptop with My Documents located on XP Pro desktop
called "media". My Documents available offline.
Changed machine name of XP desktop to "files". Re-setup
My Documents to be available offline from share
on "files". All works well accept everytime I boot up
WinXP laptop it syncs My Documents with "files" no
problem, then tells me "media" is not available for
reconnect. How do I make Windows XP Pro stop looking
for "Media"? It still thinks there are files there to be
synched and I can't make it stop looking there.

This is really frustrating. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
1 answer Last reply
More about documents offline

    See this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q274/7/89.ASP&NoWebContent=1

    which links to a second article 230738, which is what you really need to do.

    "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Here's the scenario:
    > XP pro laptop with My Documents located on XP Pro desktop
    > called "media". My Documents available offline.
    > Changed machine name of XP desktop to "files". Re-setup
    > My Documents to be available offline from share
    > on "files". All works well accept everytime I boot up
    > WinXP laptop it syncs My Documents with "files" no
    > problem, then tells me "media" is not available for
    > reconnect. How do I make Windows XP Pro stop looking
    > for "Media"? It still thinks there are files there to be
    > synched and I can't make it stop looking there.
    >
    > This is really frustrating. Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jason

Desktops My Documents Windows XP