How many hours can be recorded (in video) on a DVD-RAM disk?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.players (More info?)

If you record at the same quality as a 2 hour recording to a DVD-R
disk (SP) to a DVD-RAM disk then how many hours can you record?

What size (in Megs) is a DVD-RAM disk?

Regards Brian
2 answers Last reply
More about hours recorded video disk
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.players (More info?)

    "Brian" wrote ...
    > If you record at the same quality as a 2 hour recording to a DVD-R
    > disk (SP) to a DVD-RAM disk then how many hours can you record?

    "record at the same quality" is undefined. If we assume that you
    mean encoding to the same MPEG2 that DVDs use, then you will
    get essentially the same capacity as if it were a DVD video disk.
    The difference is in how the data is arranged and tagged/named.

    > What size (in Megs) is a DVD-RAM disk?

    Essentially the same for all practical purposes. (Assuming single-
    sided/ single-layer). 4.7GB I believe there are exact numbers
    available on www.videohelp.com
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.players (More info?)

    They are the same as DVDR, single sided are 4.7Gb, double sided are about
    8.5 I think

    "Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
    > If you record at the same quality as a 2 hour recording to a DVD-R
    > disk (SP) to a DVD-RAM disk then how many hours can you record?
    >
    > What size (in Megs) is a DVD-RAM disk?
    >
    > Regards Brian

Tuner Cards Video DVD DVD Players RAM Graphics