VPN Drive mapping

May 20, 2004 12:39:42 PM

I have a VPN set up and can connect from my home and have various drive
mappings to our office server which work fine when I'm in the office over
the LAN. When connected over VPN the drive mapping work periodically but
sometimes I get a warning: "Drive already in use. The connection has not
been restored"

Can anyone help out on this.

Many thanks

Marcus

More about : vpn drive mapping

Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:38:20 PM

Presuming these are cached/remembered mappings, you might want to use a
batch file login script - should do this in the office too, really.

net use * /del
net use x: \\servername\sharename /persistent:no
etc

Marcus Armand wrote:
> I have a VPN set up and can connect from my home and have various
> drive mappings to our office server which work fine when I'm in the
> office over the LAN. When connected over VPN the drive mapping work
> periodically but sometimes I get a warning: "Drive already in use.
> The connection has not been restored"
>
> Can anyone help out on this.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Marcus
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:09:37 AM

This could be an offline files issue - you may already be connected to
the drive (with a file in use, etc). This will cause an error when
you attempt to remap the drive.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

!