VPN Drive mapping

I have a VPN set up and can connect from my home and have various drive
mappings to our office server which work fine when I'm in the office over
the LAN. When connected over VPN the drive mapping work periodically but
sometimes I get a warning: "Drive already in use. The connection has not
been restored"

Can anyone help out on this.

Many thanks

Marcus
2 answers Last reply
More about drive mapping

    Presuming these are cached/remembered mappings, you might want to use a
    batch file login script - should do this in the office too, really.

    net use * /del
    net use x: \\servername\sharename /persistent:no
    etc

    Marcus Armand wrote:
    > I have a VPN set up and can connect from my home and have various
    > drive mappings to our office server which work fine when I'm in the
    > office over the LAN. When connected over VPN the drive mapping work
    > periodically but sometimes I get a warning: "Drive already in use.
    > The connection has not been restored"
    >
    > Can anyone help out on this.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Marcus

    This could be an offline files issue - you may already be connected to
    the drive (with a file in use, etc). This will cause an error when
    you attempt to remap the drive.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:39:42 +0100, "Marcus Armand"
    <No_Spamming.marcus.armand@medipro.co.uk> wrote:

    >I have a VPN set up and can connect from my home and have various drive
    >mappings to our office server which work fine when I'm in the office over
    >the LAN. When connected over VPN the drive mapping work periodically but
    >sometimes I get a warning: "Drive already in use. The connection has not
    >been restored"
    >
    >Can anyone help out on this.
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Marcus