Offline Folder sync on re-connect

Using policy's one can define synchronising at logon and/or logoff.

Our users pull out their network cable, (workstation goes to suspend mode without connected to the network), users work offline at home, come back to the office and plug the network cable back in...This keeps the system running withoutthe user logging on -> No automatic synchronisation takes place

How can I synchronise offline folders on re-connect? so not on logon/logoff, but start sync when system detects a reconnection to the network.

Greetz,
Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about offline folder sync connect

    It does, at least on the systems at my office... When the machine
    goes offline, it will pop up the little computer icon in the event
    area. When it detects that the network has been reconnected, it
    attempts to automatically reconnect and sync...

    Check your group policies to see if this behavior was inadvertently
    changed.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 05:41:03 -0700, "Mike Schmeitz"

    >Using policy's one can define synchronising at logon and/or logoff.
    >
    >Our users pull out their network cable, (workstation goes to suspend mode without connected to the network), users work offline at home, come back to the office and plug the network cable back in...This keeps the system running withoutthe user logging on -> No automatic synchronisation takes place
    >
    >How can I synchronise offline folders on re-connect? so not on logon/logoff, but start sync when system detects a reconnection to the network.
    >
    >Greetz,
    >Mike

    Thnx Jeff. I will check. At least I do know by now it has to be possible.

    Greetz,
    Mike

Connection Cable Windows XP