Offline Folder sync on re-connect

May 20, 2004 9:41:03 AM

Using policy's one can define synchronising at logon and/or logoff.

Our users pull out their network cable, (workstation goes to suspend mode without connected to the network), users work offline at home, come back to the office and plug the network cable back in...This keeps the system running withoutthe user logging on -> No automatic synchronisation takes place

How can I synchronise offline folders on re-connect? so not on logon/logoff, but start sync when system detects a reconnection to the network.

Greetz,
Mike
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:12:24 AM

It does, at least on the systems at my office... When the machine
goes offline, it will pop up the little computer icon in the event
area. When it detects that the network has been reconnected, it
attempts to automatically reconnect and sync...

Check your group policies to see if this behavior was inadvertently
changed.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 20 May 2004 05:41:03 -0700, "Mike Schmeitz"

>Using policy's one can define synchronising at logon and/or logoff.
>
>Our users pull out their network cable, (workstation goes to suspend mode without connected to the network), users work offline at home, come back to the office and plug the network cable back in...This keeps the system running withoutthe user logging on -> No automatic synchronisation takes place
>
>How can I synchronise offline folders on re-connect? so not on logon/logoff, but start sync when system detects a reconnection to the network.
>
>Greetz,
>Mike
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 6:51:02 AM

Thnx Jeff. I will check. At least I do know by now it has to be possible.

Greetz,
Mike
!