How To Use Use Remote Assistance Behind A Firewall

Samson

I have XP Pro and have broadband connection via Comcast cable modem. I have a Netgear Router with NAT and I also have a zone alarm firewall, I will appreciate information on how to send Remote Assistance either using MSN Messenger, email etc.

Thanks

Hi ,

I found the following two KB articles that talk abt ur requirement.

Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP ::
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;300546

Description of the Remote Assistance Connection Process ::

Supported Connection Scenarios for Remote Assistance ::

Hope it hleps u ,
Kind Regards,
Venkat.

Also go thro the below links :

Step-by-Step Guide to Remote Assistance :=
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rmassist.mspx

Administering Remote Assistance :=
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/adminra.mspx

Description of a Personal Firewall: