OSs supported by Remote Desktop

corvette

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

Can I have a linux PC remotely connect to remote desktop
on a Win XP Pro machine? Yeah thanks for reading :)

I've never done it, but I believe it is possible. You might well be missing
bells and whistles, and you might have to lower encryption standards--not
sure about that.

RDP is a published standard, I believe, and there are client implementations
in java, an MS-written one for the Mac, and 3rd party implementations of
various kinds. I don't know what there is that will run on Linux and not
cost $, though--but there is probably something.

Do a google search on RDP.

"Corvette" <ryanhankinsDELETE@myfastmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I have a linux PC remotely connect to remote desktop
> on a Win XP Pro machine? Yeah thanks for reading :)

rdesktop.org has a linux client... KDE 3.1 or higher (maybe even 3.0
- I can't remember that far back) has it included in its standard
install (kdenetwork package) called Remote Desktop sharing...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com