Removing Remote Desktop Connection

I would like to remove Remote Desktop Connection from all
XP pcs as we do a new deploy this summer.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Is there a way to do it through Group Policy or Local
Security settings?

I know with the student accounts with regular user
permissions can not install the Remote Desktop Connection
software. Now if I can just figure out how to Disable
access to it on the machines.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about removing remote desktop connection

    Use group policies policies to deny access to the application itself.... One
    thought, though - if you don't have any terminal servers in-house that they
    could possibly log into, and you deny outbound 3389 in your firewall - they
    can't do anything with it anyway .....

    Roland wrote:
    > I would like to remove Remote Desktop Connection from all
    > XP pcs as we do a new deploy this summer.
    >
    > Is this possible, and if so, how?
    >
    > Is there a way to do it through Group Policy or Local
    > Security settings?
    >
    > I know with the student accounts with regular user
    > permissions can not install the Remote Desktop Connection
    > software. Now if I can just figure out how to Disable
    > access to it on the machines.
    >
    > Thanks.

    To disable Remote Desktop via a Group Policy go to "Start -> Run" and type gpedit.msc at the command line. Navigate to the "Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Terminal Services". Highlight and double-click on ""Do not allow new client connections" policy and check the "Enable" checkbox. Select "Ok"...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP