How to capture video from a VCR tape with Sonic's My DVD?

How to capture video from a VCR tape with Sonic's My DVD?

I have been doing video capture with ATI's Multimedia Centre with
Radeon 8500 Card and making VCDs converting the videos with Tsunami
Mpeg Encoder. Just this week, I have installed Sony DVD Writer, My DVD
software supposed to be for video capture and authoring and Vega 4.0
for editing.

The VCR is connected to the Radeon Video capture card and as soon as
the VCR is started, the video appears in the Window of My DVD but when
I press the button Start Capture, I get an error message saying "the
video source is not connected". If it is not connected, how does the
video appear in the My DVD window?

Why am I unable to start the capture process?

P. Jayant

pjayant@vsnl.com (jayant) wrote in

> How to capture video from a VCR tape with Sonic's My DVD?
>
> I have been doing video capture with ATI's Multimedia Centre with
> Radeon 8500 Card and making VCDs converting the videos with
> Tsunami Mpeg Encoder. Just this week, I have installed Sony DVD
> Writer, My DVD software supposed to be for video capture and
> authoring and Vega 4.0 for editing.
>
> The VCR is connected to the Radeon Video capture card and as soon
> as the VCR is started, the video appears in the Window of My DVD
> but when I press the button Start Capture, I get an error message
> saying "the video source is not connected". If it is not
> connected, how does the video appear in the My DVD window?
>
> Why am I unable to start the capture process?
>
> P. Jayant

I believe the program is trying to control a digital camcorder. It
can't, of course, in your setup.

There might be a configuration item somewhere in MyDVD's menus
telling it not to control a capture device. If there is, it should
solve your problem.

Other software will do this OK, like Scenalyzer Live (that one isn't
free, but it isn't expensive either).

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com