Truemobile 2300 - help

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Have not been able to establish a Remote Desktop Connection external to our
LAN.

Present configuration of the router:
1) 192.168.2.100 is reserved IP address in the DHCP Server Settings
2) 192.168.2.100 is a static address to my PC using the Mac address shown in
ipconfig.
3) Incoming port 3389 is assigned to 3389 on 192.168.2.100

Has anyone been able to establish an RDC with a Dell Truemobile 2300?

Chuck

Let me see if I am hearing you right?

You've enabled Remote Desktop on a machine with a Dell Truemobile 2300
adapter.

You've tested it within the local network to be sure that it is enabled, and
that there is no local firewall on the machine preventing the connection?

You've set the machine to static configuration, with IP address
192.168.2.100, and appropriate subnet masks and default gateway and DNS
settings, and networking otherwise is working fine?

You've excluded that address from the DHCP mechanism in your router.

You've forwarded port 3389, TCP to IP address 192.168.2.100 in the router.

You know the correct WAN address of the router, and are attempting to
connect to it without success?

Which of these items haven't you done, or do I have wrong?