Is there a good Low cost 1 or 3 ccd OPTICAL stabilization ..

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

< $1000 USD /and/ optical?

I'm coming up short.

I'm very pleased with what I see about the panasonic NV-GS15, GS120, and
GS200, (particularly the 120 and 200 3 chippers).

But the reviews all say that the 3 chip pano's are horrible.

Even the sony lineup of DVD and MiniDV (the ones in my price range < $1000
USD) have digital EIS, but for some reason the sony's seem /great/ at it.

Any ideas? I'm a believer that IS is among the most important thing for
creating movies that you like to see afterward.

--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmalluntilsomeoneramsitupyourn
ose.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

"Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:Knh3d.1837$uz1.62@trndny03...
>< $1000 USD /and/ optical?
>
> I'm coming up short.
>
> I'm very pleased with what I see about the panasonic NV-GS15, GS120, and
> GS200, (particularly the 120 and 200 3 chippers).
>
> But the reviews all say that the 3 chip pano's are horrible.
>
> Even the sony lineup of DVD and MiniDV (the ones in my price range < $1000
> USD) have digital EIS, but for some reason the sony's seem /great/ at it.
>
> Any ideas? I'm a believer that IS is among the most important thing for
> creating movies that you like to see afterward.

Automatic IS isn't the most important thing about creating good videos.
However, that aside, there are no OIS machines in your price range that I'm
aware of. The Sony VX2100 is probably the cheapest you'll find, unless you
want to go used.

PTRAVEL wrote:
> "Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
> wrote in message news:Knh3d.1837$uz1.62@trndny03...
>
>>< $1000 USD /and/ optical?
>>
>>I'm coming up short.
>>
>>I'm very pleased with what I see about the panasonic NV-GS15, GS120, and
>>GS200, (particularly the 120 and 200 3 chippers).
>>
>>But the reviews all say that the 3 chip pano's are horrible.
>>
>>Even the sony lineup of DVD and MiniDV (the ones in my price range < $1000
>>USD) have digital EIS, but for some reason the sony's seem /great/ at it.
>>
>>Any ideas? I'm a believer that IS is among the most important thing for
>>creating movies that you like to see afterward.
>

> Automatic IS isn't the most important thing about creating good videos.
> However, that aside, there are no OIS machines in your price range that I'm
> aware of. The Sony VX2100 is probably the cheapest you'll find, unless you
> want to go used.

The OP should check out eBay. There is a TRV-900 with a current bid of
$890. It should go for less than $1000. Although not as nice as the
VX2100, it should meet his need.

Ed Anson <EdAnson@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<0pydnTo2Jb_2StDcRVn-vA@comcast.com>...
> PTRAVEL wrote:
> > "Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
> > wrote in message news:Knh3d.1837$uz1.62@trndny03...
> >
> >>< $1000 USD /and/ optical?
> >>
> >>I'm coming up short.
> >>
> >>I'm very pleased with what I see about the panasonic NV-GS15, GS120, and
> >>GS200, (particularly the 120 and 200 3 chippers).
> >>
> >>But the reviews all say that the 3 chip pano's are horrible.
> >>
> >>Even the sony lineup of DVD and MiniDV (the ones in my price range < $1000
> >>USD) have digital EIS, but for some reason the sony's seem /great/ at it.
> >>
> >>Any ideas? I'm a believer that IS is among the most important thing for
> >>creating movies that you like to see afterward.
> >

> > Automatic IS isn't the most important thing about creating good videos.
> > However, that aside, there are no OIS machines in your price range that I'm
> > aware of. The Sony VX2100 is probably the cheapest you'll find, unless you
> > want to go used.
>
> The OP should check out eBay. There is a TRV-900 with a current bid of
> $890. It should go for less than $1000. Although not as nice as the
> VX2100, it should meet his need.

A TRV900 would be a good choice IF it has relatively low head hours.
The problem is, the camera's been around for nearly 10 years now.
While producing excellent video, one that's been heavily-used may be a
problem.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

Absolutely right.

Go for a clean used TRV-900.

"Ed Anson" <EdAnson@comcast.net> wrote in message
> PTRAVEL wrote:
> > "Thomas G. Marshall"
<tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
> > wrote in message news:Knh3d.1837$uz1.62@trndny03...
> >
> >>< $1000 USD /and/ optical?
> >>
> >>I'm coming up short.
> >>
> >>I'm very pleased with what I see about the panasonic NV-GS15, GS120, and
> >>GS200, (particularly the 120 and 200 3 chippers).
> >>
> >>But the reviews all say that the 3 chip pano's are horrible.
> >>
> >>Even the sony lineup of DVD and MiniDV (the ones in my price range <
$1000
> >>USD) have digital EIS, but for some reason the sony's seem /great/ at
it.

> >>Any ideas? I'm a believer that IS is among the most important thing for
> >>creating movies that you like to see afterward.
> >

> > Automatic IS isn't the most important thing about creating good videos.
> > However, that aside, there are no OIS machines in your price range that
I'm
> > aware of. The Sony VX2100 is probably the cheapest you'll find, unless
you
> > want to go used.
>
> The OP should check out eBay. There is a TRV-900 with a current bid of
> $890. It should go for less than $1000. Although not as nice as the
> VX2100, it should meet his need.

>< $1000 USD /and/ optical?
>
>I'm coming up short.

Canon Optura 30 for about $750 on sale.
Optura 40 adds manual audio level adjustment. Other Canon units might also
have OIS.

Craig H.

HighPeaksVideo coughed up:
>> < $1000 USD /and/ optical?
>>
>> I'm coming up short.
>>

> Canon Optura 30 for about $750 on sale.
> Optura 40 adds manual audio level adjustment. Other Canon units
> might also have OIS.
>
> Craig H.

Both the optura 30 and 40 are electronic IS.

--
"So I just, uh... I just cut them up like regular chickens?"
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."