RD Web on XPP listening on 3390

I am attempting to remotely access 2 different PCs running
IIS and the Remote Desktop Web package. I have one of the
machines listening on the default 3389 and the other on
3390 so that when I'm able to use the full Remote Desktop
Client I am able to access both machines by entering
machinename:port number to get to the second machine
through poirt forwarding, etc.

I can access both machines' web pages for Remote Desktop
and I connect to the Remote Desktop session for the
machine listening on port 3389 bu simply entering the
machine name and/or WAN IP address, LAN IP address. But
when I attempt to access the machine listening on port
3390 I am unable to gain access and I receive a VBScript
error, "VBScript:Remote Desktop Disconnected - the client
could not connect to the remote computer. Remote
connections might not be enabled yada yada yada"

Also, when I try to enter the server as "machine
name:3390" the IE page status bar immediately reflects an
error on the page.

Is there any way to change the port in this setup?

Thanks kindly for your help.
1 answer Last reply
More about listening 3390

    You need to edit the default.htm file in the web client to enable
    connections to alternate ports...

    Add:
    MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort = 3390
    to the file and name it default2.htm

    You can then connect to http://ipaddress/tsweb/default2.htm to get to
    the other machine.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:41:32 -0700, "Stephen Johyce"
    <sjoyce@tsinc.com> wrote:

    >I am attempting to remotely access 2 different PCs running
    >IIS and the Remote Desktop Web package. I have one of the
    >machines listening on the default 3389 and the other on
    >3390 so that when I'm able to use the full Remote Desktop
    >Client I am able to access both machines by entering
    >machinename:port number to get to the second machine
    >through poirt forwarding, etc.
    >
    >I can access both machines' web pages for Remote Desktop
    >and I connect to the Remote Desktop session for the
    >machine listening on port 3389 bu simply entering the
    >machine name and/or WAN IP address, LAN IP address. But
    >when I attempt to access the machine listening on port
    >3390 I am unable to gain access and I receive a VBScript
    >error, "VBScript:Remote Desktop Disconnected - the client
    >could not connect to the remote computer. Remote
    >connections might not be enabled yada yada yada"
    >
    >Also, when I try to enter the server as "machine
    >name:3390" the IE page status bar immediately reflects an
    >error on the page.
    >
    >Is there any way to change the port in this setup?
    >
    >Thanks kindly for your help.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP