RD Web on XPP listening on 3390

May 24, 2004 1:41:32 PM

I am attempting to remotely access 2 different PCs running
IIS and the Remote Desktop Web package. I have one of the
machines listening on the default 3389 and the other on
3390 so that when I'm able to use the full Remote Desktop
Client I am able to access both machines by entering
machinename:p ort number to get to the second machine
through poirt forwarding, etc.

I can access both machines' web pages for Remote Desktop
and I connect to the Remote Desktop session for the
machine listening on port 3389 bu simply entering the
machine name and/or WAN IP address, LAN IP address. But
when I attempt to access the machine listening on port
3390 I am unable to gain access and I receive a VBScript
error, "VBScript:Remote Desktop Disconnected - the client
could not connect to the remote computer. Remote
connections might not be enabled yada yada yada"

Also, when I try to enter the server as "machine
name:3390" the IE page status bar immediately reflects an
error on the page.

Is there any way to change the port in this setup?

Thanks kindly for your help.

More about : web xpp listening 3390

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 1:52:42 AM

You need to edit the default.htm file in the web client to enable
connections to alternate ports...

Add:
MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort = 3390
to the file and name it default2.htm

You can then connect to http://ipaddress/tsweb/default2.htm to get to
the other machine.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com