connection treminates

Fish

I have 2 xp pro pcs trying to connect remotely to server 2k one pc
stays connected but terminates after awhile one pc doesn't connect.

So what's different about the one which doesn't connect?

Is it located behind a firewall which regulates outbound traffic?

Does it have such a firewall installed on it?

What is different about its network path compared to the one which works.

On the one which works, but "disconnects"--what happens? Do you get an
error message?