Transcode Windows Media 9 high-definition to DVD-compliant..

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

Does anyone know if its possible to transcode Windows Media 9 high-definition
files into VOB file that can be played on a normal set-top DVD player?

I assume as long as I transcode high-def. video at a bitrate under 8 Mbps, then
the VOB file should play without any problems. Any snags in this theory?

I will be using Sony HD camcorder source video, transcoded to WMV HD in Premiere
Pro 1.5, and transcoded to VOB files and burned to DVD dual-layer in Adobe
Encore 1.5.

Thanks for the help....

I don't know why you could not do this, but it is more that just bitrate.
You would need to resize the video to DVD compliant size like 720X480 (576
PAL) and maybe convert the audio to AC3 or PCM if it not already.

Mike T

"TJM" <tjm@nospam> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if its possible to transcode Windows Media 9
high-definition
> files into VOB file that can be played on a normal set-top DVD player?
>
> I assume as long as I transcode high-def. video at a bitrate under 8 Mbps,
then
> the VOB file should play without any problems. Any snags in this theory?
>
> I will be using Sony HD camcorder source video, transcoded to WMV HD in
Premiere
> Pro 1.5, and transcoded to VOB files and burned to DVD dual-layer in Adobe
> Encore 1.5.
>
> Thanks for the help....

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

> I don't know why you could not do this, but it is more that just bitrate.
> You would need to resize the video to DVD compliant size like 720X480 (576
> PAL) and maybe convert the audio to AC3 or PCM if it not already.

That kinds ruins the whole point of viewing HD if its only 480 res.

I heard there may be newer DVD players that can play WMV-HD video?