checking computers remotely using remote desktop

hi,
i wanted to know whether there's any possibility of knowing remotely over a lan, how many computers are currently being used by their local users.. i wanted to know this using remote desktop connection somehow..

is there any way that i can run a script or something. if anyone has any idea about this . kindly let me know.thanks

I tend to look at NET SESS statistics on a server for this kind of thing,
which I can do via Remote Desktop--but you need the server, or some other
form of central monitoring--and no single stat is perfect. There can be
folks with no session to the server and no files open which are connected to
the Internet via the LAN. Net View will show what's turned on.