DV back to video camera problem.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all, I have a problem with sending DV back to my camera. Have been using
Studio 8 for a couple of years successfully and have just downloaded the
latest windows movie maker just to eliminate studio 8.

The problem: when I make a movie and attempt to send it back to the sony
340, it plays faultlessly on the computer but the playback on the camera is
broken and alternates between good video and blue screen.

As its done the same with windows movie maker I am guessing its not the
software, and the Xp performane monitor didnt do anything special while I
watched as it sent the vid to camera.

Any clues as to how I sort this out?

In article <41501bab@quokka.wn.com.au>, Tom <home@eastwest.com> writes
>Hi all, I have a problem with sending DV back to my camera. Have been using
>Studio 8 for a couple of years successfully and have just downloaded the
>latest windows movie maker just to eliminate studio 8.
>
>The problem: when I make a movie and attempt to send it back to the sony
>340, it plays faultlessly on the computer but the playback on the camera is
>broken and alternates between good video and blue screen.
>
>As its done the same with windows movie maker I am guessing its not the
>software, and the Xp performane monitor didnt do anything special while I
>watched as it sent the vid to camera.
>
>Any clues as to how I sort this out?

I can think of 2 possible problems:

1- Your firewire port and/or cable and/or the port on the camcorder has
a problem. Have you captured through this port/cable? if so it probably
isn't that

2- The movie you have made is set up incorrectly for the camcorder. E.g.
it isn't rendered as DV, or it's 25 frames per second and your camcorder
is 30 frames per second, or the frame size is wrong, something like
that.
--
Tim Mitchell