PC set up for DV capture and DVD writing

Hi

I am looking to get new PC and having set up for DV work. What is good
setup for this?
I am thinking of two drives in raid O but am a bit lost when looking
at all the mother board, CPU options and graphics card options.What
should I look to get?
I think I will use a Pinnacle Systems Studio AV/DV Version 9, Firewire
In/Out card

thanks Kevin

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi
There is no need to go all out to deal with DV
Capture is easy, no strain on the system there, and encoding will go as fast
as the CPU will allow. Result wont be any diffent on a older PC, just slower

Cheers